just need somebody to listen (read)

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
i know all you racers must have similar experiences, so just wanna tell you mine from the san felipe race.

started 1st in class, by mile 40 where 10 minutes ahead of 2nd place, the @#$%#$@ battery holder broke and lost current, tied it down in 10 minutes, got on course right behind the 2nd place car, 5 miles down the %$#@#$% battery died. Didnt notice that the @#$%$#@ alternator cable came loose, and the *&%(*%^ alternator light didnt turn on. Waited for one @#$%$#@ hour for jumper cables. Got on course again. On mile 115, 7 miles before the first lap and our main pit, the $#@#$% intake manifold had come loose and ran out of @#$%$#@ gas. Got gas from a broken racer nearby on our water jugs. Got to main pit, fueled up, got on course again. On mile 145 one @#$%$#@ rear racerunner shock got $#@$% unscrewed from rubbing against the tire the whole !@#$#@race, lost gas and oil and had to %$#@#$% quit. ( it was rubbing cause we changed to +1 trailing arms with bus hubs and drums, instead of thing drums, wich are wider )........

What a great !@#$%$#@! ride HUH !?!?!?!?

Thanks for listening, had to get it out of my chest...

if anybody needs a transaltion for !@#$%$@#, please let me know, ill gladly !@#$#@! explain !!!

thx

el tiburon

MNotary

Reaction
And it is always the left side when that happens....strange.....borrowed wheels with the wrong offset will do that too.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
how did you know it was the left side ?!?!?!
how did you know i had a different (less) offset on the left rear wheel (not borrowed though) ?!?!

are you psiquic pr what ?????

roflmao

omar

Salvador

Reaction
Con razon me toco verte cuenado ibas llegando por la carretera, estaba con con mi novia esperando a que llegaran el Cuco y al Godoy, esta critico, como lo que nos paso a nosotros, de hecho ami, no vo cuando la flecha del Pick up se le cayo antes del segundo reten militar, se iba jalando el pick up con un dolly y nada mas se desconecto la flecha del diferencial, en la mañana se logro conseguir una flecha para el torno y cuando fueron a conseguir las crucetas para que diera con el diferencial y el yugo se toparon con una flecha original para el Pick up, despues de esto el Pick up fue pasando como a las 10:35 por el brinco del Morelia y se supone que se deberia que haber salido del arranque a las 8:31, ais es que se perdio como 2 horas, pero en fin, dentro de todo nos sigue sirviendo que el Aguilera (EL policia) es muy atrabancado para manejar y siempre lo esta quebrando el motor o transmision.

Sorry guys for the spanish

Mexican PreRunner

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
?Que?

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Tyson

Reaction
That really sucks, but wouldn't it have to be the left side. Cause if the right tire was rubbing the shock wouldn't it tighten the shock instead of un-screwing it? I'm sure you'll do better next race.

Good luck.

Look at me, I can fly

MY WEB SITE</font color=red>

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
quite a learning experiance huh? That sucks, better luck next time!

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

Junior

Reaction
That's racing Primetime!

Junior
HAZLO EN GRANDE
O Mejor Regresa A Casa

scott

Reaction
Thats racin'... But look at it this way. All those problems you had, you can correct on your next prep, Basically have equipment fail testing, that would normally fail in a race.. Better luck next time !!!

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
Doesnt something allways go wrong ?? Ive raced a total of 9 races and its allways been something major (1 engine,2 rear trailing arms, got lost for 10 miles, 1 spindle (didnt have spares yet..), but have been able to win 2 times and 1 second place, so its not that bad, its just this time i'tll take me lik 100 bucks to prep the car again, nothing major and your out of therace... It just kills me.

thx for listening and great spanish from you crazy gringos....

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
murphy's i think

el tiburon

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Yeah when I find that Murphy bastard SOB he is gonna get the biggest ass whoopin of his life!!!!!!

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

1_1600_racer

Reaction
We also raced the CODE race....did not have any problems, no flats, nothing. I do have to say that it was a very challenging course, the whops when on forever and the wash around RM 88 or so was a killer. We managed to come in second place in our class- Sportsman buggy (1-1600) CODE's class 1400. We are currently 2nd place in points. Can not beat racing in San Felipe, after the race, we all had a blast!

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
you should try to finish the code series, youve got no real competition in class 14 and should win the class championship.. I know cause i got a 1-1600 chromoly race frame wich ill start adding parts like in 2 months, and everybody down here says i should win that class, and i dont have a car yet !!! Good luck and congratulations...

el tiburon

"if something can go wrong, itll probably will"
pinche murphy

1_1600_racer

Reaction
The car that beat us, beat us by a whole half hour, his time is up there with the pro class, if he raced pro he should of come in 3rd.
He does have a little advantage he is running triple bypass shocks per wheel, and we have old school shocks, about 15 yrs old(they should be in some kind of off road museum), and they are non reservoirs shocks(can not afford by pass shocks, that’s why we are racing with CODE). Maybe some time in the near future we will save enough money for new shocks………but we raced, came in second and it sure beat just being a spectator.

I want to thank Radio Bob from RHL Communications, he did a great job tuning and programming some old radios that I bought thru EBay. From the main pit in San Felipe there was communications with the race car at MR 43, which was the farthest point of the race!

If anybody wants to help sponsor some new shocks, just sent me an email. LOL