Just so you know..............

RPM Roland

This past week, Mark Porter Racing & Adrian Cenni did NOT get in any practice at Speedworld.

They asked about renting the track for a private practice.

After some brief discussion, (and since the track will be prepped anyway), we decided that the fair thing to do, would be to open up for everyone.

This Saturday, Speedworld will be hosting an OPEN PRACTICE session from 8 AM to 2 PM.

This is a one day deal, with all of the same pricing as last weekend.
ALL Classes Welcome !
$5O UTV / Kart
$1OO Limited & Unlimired Buggy-
$2OO Superlite & Unlimited Lite
$3OO Unlimited 2 & 4 Truck

If your interested in getting in some seat time, before the biggest, baddest off road race Arizona has ever seen, MAKE YOUR RESERVATION NOW! 602-332-7361

Thanks!

Pro-Lite Brian

Just wondering, does LOORS have the old CORR rule of not allowing testing the week prior to an event on a given track? TORC obviously doesn't, or they aren't following it (RJ tested at Crandon and Bark River a ton in the days leading up to those events). Hopefully they don't have that old rule or it states that "private" practice days are not allowed during the 7 days leading upto an event. It's one thing to allow teams to practice day in and day out, but it's entirely another thing to allow a team to rent the facility so that no other teams may be able to practice...

To Dan and Roland,

I hope the local racers appreciate and support the effort you guys are putting in to better the whole short course scene in your area! You guys rock!!!

450grl

Don't worry Brian ;) - us locals DEFINITELY appreciate not only the fact that we HAVE a short course race of this caliber here in AZ, but that Speedworld has gone all out to make sure this is a top-notch facility AND pre-race venue! Dan Matthews knows how to do it right, and he's been at this game a long time......this past weekend had a great turnout, and I hope they get the same for this coming weekend!!

Just to show how serious Dan is about his program, he even brought in a life flight to hang out during the day at the track just in case there was an accident - things like that are MUCH appreciated!

GJLnorthernmichigan

Just wondering, does LOORS have the old CORR rule of not allowing testing the week prior to an event on a given track? TORC obviously doesn't, or they aren't following it (RJ tested at Crandon and Bark River a ton in the days leading up to those events). Hopefully they don't have that old rule or it states that "private" practice days are not allowed during the 7 days leading upto an event. It's one thing to allow teams to practice day in and day out, but it's entirely another thing to allow a team to rent the facility so that no other teams may be able to practice...

To Dan and Roland,

I hope the local racers appreciate and support the effort you guys are putting in to better the whole short course scene in your area! You guys rock!!!
As for testing at BARK RIVER, NOBODY TESTED at all prior to practice that is scheduled for all classes on Friday at the events July & August. I cant speak for Crandon, but I can for BARK RIVER. NO ONE (RJ or anyone else) had laps to test the track. It really isn't right to say otherwise to try and slam another series.
BARK RIVER INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
Race Comittee member & Camping/Placement Chair
Gary Lantagne

hoeker

i was at crandon for over a week prior to the labor day races and while TORC did allow crandon to have their test day on monday because of rain (within a week of the event) it was an open practice that everyone could take advantage of.

RJ didn't even have his truck up there, he drove barlow's pro-4 for a few laps and the ultra4x4 for a couple.

FWIW, not allowing private practice in the week before a race is a good rule and should be stuck to in all series.

Pro-Lite Brian

Looks like I'm going to enjoy the taste of the foot in my mouth again... I guess I need to stop believing what I'm told by other competitors in his class???

Ross, I agree that there should be no testing the week prior to an event. I had visions of RJ making lap after lap making sure the track was layed out right... Does it really matter what vehicle they use to recon? I think they need to keep ALL trucks off the track prior to the first practice! Send a different driver out in the Pace Truck prior to the first practice each weekend, that way the same driver doesn't get additional recon time each weekend. Next year it won't matter much anyhow, it might even be better if it is RJ since he won't be racing in Pro-2wd anymore. Man what a bummer (for the fans) that is gonna be to lose a competitor of his caliber!

Pro-Lite Brian

As for testing at BARK RIVER, NOBODY TESTED at all prior to practice that is scheduled for all classes on Friday at the events July & August. I cant speak for Crandon, but I can for BARK RIVER. NO ONE (RJ or anyone else) had laps to test the track. It really isn't right to say otherwise to try and slam another series.
BARK RIVER INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
Race Comittee member & Camping/Placement Chair
Gary Lantagne
Gary,

Take it easy man... I'm not trying to slam ANY series! In fact, the only Pro series we have participated (Pro-Light) in upto this point in 2009 IS TORC! My appologies for coming across like I was trying to single out one series, but YOU need to stop worrying about people "slamming" TORC! Anytime someone from the west coast says anything negative about a TORC event, you jump off the hook... I think there are fan boi's for both series, but there are also families like ours that PARTICIPATE in both series! We have raced LOORS in our Mod Kart, and TORC with the same driver in our Pro-Light. In fact, to help car count at each (BOTH) series we have loaned our vehicle out so that another team could enjoy the sport WE ALL love so much!!! Get over yourself and stop worrying what a nobody (me) has to say anyways, geesh...

The point I was bringing up is that NO competitor should be allowed to get more track time during the week prior to a race... I used reference to CORR because I remember that rule from their rulebook, and I saw it broken many, many times. I'm not even sure if it's in either of the current rulebooks!

GJLnorthernmichigan

Gary,

Take it easy man... I'm not trying to slam ANY series! In fact, the only Pro series we have participated (Pro-Light) in upto this point in 2009 IS TORC! My appologies for coming across like I was trying to single out one series, but YOU need to stop worrying about people "slamming" TORC! Anytime someone from the west coast says anything negative about a TORC event, you jump off the hook... I think there are fan boi's for both series, but there are also families like ours that PARTICIPATE in both series! We have raced LOORS in our Mod Kart, and TORC with the same driver in our Pro-Light. In fact, to help car count at each (BOTH) series we have loaned our vehicle out so that another team could enjoy the sport WE ALL love so much!!! Get over yourself and stop worrying what a nobody (me) has to say anyways, geesh...

The point I was bringing up is that NO competitor should be allowed to get more track time during the week prior to a race... I used reference to CORR because I remember that rule from their rulebook, and I saw it broken many, many times. I'm not even sure if it's in either of the current rulebooks!
Wow Brian, easy. I'm sorry if I sounded hostile. I'm not, I only stated a fact that no one tested in bark river, We only want facts out there for people to digest. I must of misunderstood where you were going with the post. I just have heard people say RJ gets all these extra laps and he isnt deserving of most of it. again relax, only wanted the truth to be told.

Pro-Lite Brian

Where the heck is the emoticon with two happy faces hoisting a beer to each other? I think we are on the same page now Gary! LOL !!!:D

baja619

IMO if he wants to organize and promote a series, than he should give up driving in that series. I think he sees it that way also.

ryant35

IMO if he wants to organize and promote a series, than he should give up driving in that series. I think he sees it that way also.
It was discussed here a few months ago that RJ was under contract with Red Bull to race this year. I was also mentioned that he wouldn't be racing next year because of his conflict as a promoter.

That's how I remember it anyway.

07FJRog

I wonder if Cenni may get some kind of warning about behavior after the last TORC race though :eek:

Rog

ProLite13

This Saturday, Speedworld will be hosting an OPEN PRACTICE session from 8 AM to 2 PM.

This is a one day deal, with all of the same pricing as last weekend.
ALL Classes Welcome !
$5O UTV / Kart
$1OO Limited & Unlimired Buggy-
$2OO Superlite & Unlimited Lite
$3OO Unlimited 2 & 4 Truck

If your interested in getting in some seat time, before the biggest, baddest off road race Arizona has ever seen, MAKE YOUR RESERVATION NOW! 602-332-7361

Thanks!

Get this thread back on track.

I think this is what this was about.

What an opportunity the track is in prime condition I had a blast out there last weekend and can't wait for the races to get here.

DP:cool:

RPM Roland

Get this thread back on track.

I think this is what this was about.

What an opportunity the track is in prime condition I had a blast out there last weekend and can't wait for the races to get here.

DP:cool:

Thank you Mister Prolite13

( I was starting to wonder about you guys!) LOL

RPM Roland

NEWSFLASH>>>>> Speedworld will be happy to accomodate any teams that wish to leave secured rigs, trailers, haulers, etc. on property AFTER this weekend's practice, until the move in day for the event.

There will be a designated area (not your race day pit spot), see Dan Matthews for details.