Just wondering-old school?

DougM

After watching the 48 Hours show the other night, I wonder where all the old stadium trucks went?
I knowone of Ivan's was hanging in the now "defunct" RaceRock in Vegas, then in the Toyota mueseum. Im sure there are more of them out there?

There were a few on BajaConcepts page, but just wondering if they are collecting mothballsin someones garage or what?

Also what ever happened to the ProStadium deal that never materialized?

bajaruner11

As far as I know Ivan's or Rod's truck not sure which, is now sitting in a museum in Australia. Danny Thompson's old Chevy is for sale on Baja Concepts page. As for the two Rough Rider Ford's. I just bought the truck driven by Danny, and a friend of mine bought the other driven by Rob MacCachren. They where laying in mothballs in South Africa, and are coming home as I write this. Look for my truck later this year or possibly in the beggining of 2003 at the Xtreme International Events. What I don't know is what ever happened to the two Chevy's built by John Nelson? The Attchment is a little eye candy of the truck's racing in South Africa in 1998. Yellow truck is Rob's old truck, White is Danny's old truck.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by bajaruner11 on 05/22/02 11:29 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

Gabe Lara

Steve,

Wow , talk about eye candy! I haven't seen those trucks in YEARS!
It certainly looks like Gerardo's X-Treme Series is going to have quite a bit of competition in the future, and that is a definitely a good thing!

One question I have is, how did you find where they had gone/ been sold to?

I know Spencer Low is planning on running one of the Nissan trucks in that series as well.
And as far as I know, the old Danny Thompson Chevy is still for sale @ Baja Concepts. It has been for a while, With all of the new interest in short-course (thanks to X-Treme, CORR, and guys like yourself) the future for this type of racing sure looks bright!

-Gabe

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
speaking of short course does antone know of anyplace where to get a prolite type truck to race possibly in 2003 or 2004? And does anyone know about the corr guys or anyone coming to so cal to race at like glen helen, like they did a few years back for the winter series?

bajaruner11

I found the truck's on Off-Road.com classifieds. It was kind of a fluke because the ad disappeared from the site just after I printed it. Glad I did. The guy that purchased the trucks is a big TV producer over in South Africa, and off road racer. He purchased the entire stadium package from Venable during there 1996 shop liquidation. If you where into the seen at the time I'm sure you remember those days. As for those of you looking for Pro-lite race trucks or stadium trucks check out corracing.com classifieds and race-dezert.com.classifieds. I know about 3 weeks ago Rick Huseman's old Pro-lite was on race-dezert, check out the back pages it may still be there, that is a bitchin truck, and there are pics of it posted.
As for short course racing coming back to Glen Helen Park? I've not heard anything as of yet, but hey that would be great! I did hear something about Ivan Stewart putting a track out in Holtville near Glamis, but don't have any details, does anyone else???????? Also a little birdy told me off a complete motorsports park being looked into out in the desert, short course, supercross, ralley, drag, and others.
HHMMM fact? will it happen? will see! How about a little more eye candy. See attachment

Attachments

Greg

As for CORR coming out west, probably not too soon, so everyone should support the local series (like Xtreme). Huseman's old prolite was bought about two weeks ago by Brian Cavet, now Brian has two prolites, rumor has it that his woman may race one of them. Curt LeDuc is building prolites to sell, Kyle LeDuc is racing his this season, the car looks really good. We recently put an article up on our site (prerunners.com) that has a lot of information on the CORR series (including info on Curt's chassises for sale) and we'll be having all kinds of CORR stuff this season. In fact Jen is working on putting up race reports from the CORR race in New York this weekend, so check it out.

Greg