Kartek 1600 Micro Stub

DailyPedal

Reaction
I finally found something I really want for Christmas, the Kartek micro stub kit for the 1600 car. No more thirty-year-old stub axles and drums to break. This thing kicks butt! Not too much VW left, now if we could only do something with the motor...

MNotary

Reaction
What is the price for the stub kit? What is the price for stock T-1 reflanged stubs?

Team_Heathen

Reaction
A reflanged stub axle is anywhere between $60-$120 a piece. Spacers, bearings and seals $200. Remachined Drums $700 Backing plates with all the hardware $150. Total $1290. Kartek 1600 micro stub kit $1495. This kit includes everything. No morereplacing stubs every race. If Kartek had it complete when I built my new car I definitely would have bought them. Now I would have to scrap a set of $750 arms and all the hardware. They are awesome I saw them this weekend.
-Derek

martininsocal

Reaction
haven't seen a new rule book, are they going to be legal for 1600 this year? i know that they are similiar to the bus rears that the 5-1600s runm but the rule book for 1600 is different than 5-1600

If your gonna go, go BIG

DailyPedal

Reaction
Martin, according to Roy, he has verbal approvel from Bill Savage at Score for the system for 1/2 1600 and 5/1600 via a couple of phone calls and has already shipped a few sets to car builders. The short-course racers should realy take advantage of this set up. Just think about the drums and stubs broken at CORR races this year.

MNotary

Reaction
The only stub I know about in CORR this past year was aftermarket. I have cracked a thing drum in the center, but that was on a rollover. I think it was in 2000 that Seefeldt lost the championship due to aftermarket stubs. At that price you might as well allow disks. $200 for stubs, $100 for bearings and $160 for drums, the other stuff comes out of the junkyard (its better), so do the stubs.

martininsocal

Reaction
mike-your right, why not the whole shebang. discs, micros, etc...in fact, since you're already using aftermarket arms, why not allow 3x3's? and why not a 6 " wider beam in front? only makes the car safer(more stable) without increasing any costs. limit wheel travel to 16"s rear and 10.5"s in front.
oh, and allow dual port heads with stock size valves...

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

MNotary

Reaction
Martin, you kill. That should have been SL. And can 1600. And no 9, 5, 5- 1600, 7.... dammit wrong thread....