kartek contingency mint 400

misterktm

RDC Crypto
not sure where else to go with my thoughts on this....so I'm posting here. Kartek has generously posted a $500 cash prize for two classes at the mint. The two classes are 1500 and 1800. Now its awesome they are offering this and I hate to whine....but 1800 class at the mint? Really? This is the worst race to offer anything to the sportsman class. At this race that class is chuck full of trophy truck pre-runners taking a look a look at the course before their afternoon race. The true sportsman entry doesn't hardly have a chance to win the class. I don't run sportsman class, so really doesn't matter to me just pointing out what I see as a bummer for that class. Who ever decided on the classes for this race wasn't thinking very clearly, or just didn't know.

JRod

fast-aid.org
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fast-aid.org
Side note: I remember when Kartek sent nickhead to contingency for race support. I miss those days.

To respond to the intent of your post, I 100% see where you're coming from. I also know that it's very few, if any, of the afternoon guys that prerun all the laps in the morning. If they had a problem on course, they might not make it back in time for the green flag.

misterktm

RDC Crypto
yes, I know most of the big boys just run one lap but there's usually no shortage of pit guys or buddies to take that second lap.

just my thought that it isn't the best race to pick that class and maybe by posting here it will get to someone for future thought.

but again great contingency thanks kartek!