kaufmann headers?

richard cretsinger

Reaction
anyone know if kaufmann products is still in business? i know that they made some long tube headers for the v8 rangers. i know that l and l makes some shortys but i want long tube and i saw a picture of the kaufmann headers and they were really good quality from what i saw. any info would be great.

thanks

steveG

Reaction
They're gone. They also used to have a really nice bolt-on exhaust system for Rangers. It's been years since I did my v8 Ranger swap so I'm not up to date on the latest and greatest, but I would geta hold of Jaime/410fortune(sp) on DR or 4x4central.com for info. He's done a really clean swap on a Bronco II.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Used to be Southern California, Good Riddance!
Correct, Kaufmann went out of business at the beginning of 2004, I got the last of his 5.0 shorty headers and engine mounts from him. He was trying to find a reputable person to sell his header designs to, but it never happened. They were indeed quality parts. Too bad he had to give it all up.

SimonSays

Reaction
Website
www.Thefactoryracing.com

SimonSays

Reaction
Website
www.Thefactoryracing.com
i ordered those, looked at them and sent them right back. they are for those that dont appreciate quality, not impressed at all. thanks though

If you want quality you may want to have some custom made, On my 5.0 swap i had to go outside the frame because i am 4wd so i had to have custom ones made, not cheap but man are they sweet. I made my proto types out of stock headers just using 1.5" .120 wall tubing to start, then when i had headers that cleared everything the way i liked. I took them to a shop and had them copy my proto types.

Attachments

• Header2.jpg
    Header2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 322

Desert_Roller

Reaction
Website
www.position1design.com
Chris sold Kaufmann Products in 2000 after 28th years in business. He continued to help the people who bought it for a year or so, but was completely out of the loop and was working/racing from Indy with Bill Glidden.

Chris does have some of the headers. They are long tube, high end stainless steel T-304. PM me if you need contact info. Richard I just sent you a message.

Attachments

• kaufmann_long_tube.jpg
    kaufmann_long_tube.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 364