Kawasaki UTV

Olson04

Ya its a toss up right now for me to either get a kawi,speed utv or a textron/tracker. 40k cad is hard pill to swallow for the speed utv. But the xx/kawi after u put some accessories on there 30k to 32cad.

NIKAL

Speed UTV is currently $30-32K depending on which model you get. The RG model will be $40k when they hit the dealer floor, but the base model will still be $30-32k. (Unless the dealers choose to mark up the price)

Olson04

I meant 40k canadian for base model. Our dollar is worthless compared to USD dollar. It will be closer to 45k for the dealer offered rg model.

sand shark

Very true..

Although I believe Jackson Racing had a authorized turbo for the Talon....

Would be nice if the NA models all had something similar. Would be a very nice option for people wanting to get into racing, be able to get in at NA, build their machine, then bu a factory option to go turbo class rather than having to buy a new UTV....
From the little I have read the Jackson Turbo on the Honda had some issues. I am sure that has been sorted out. Yamaha authorized turbo from MPI had some issues and then they switched to a DASA set up that has no issues. I just like a factory installed set up and there will be no issues.

sand shark

Head scratcher for sure, and I believed releasing the 4 seat model would have probably doubled sales of the XX if marketed right. That is actually the biggest problem with the XX is Textron/Arctic Cat’s marketing, dealer support and customer service.

I would will disagree with you that it’s underpowered and trouble prone. For one it’s still the highest HP naturally Aspirated UTV in the market. It’s got Polaris beat by 20 hp. That huge! The new Kawi KRX only has 112 hp. And what issues has the XX really had? No major recalls, no fire issues like Polaris. Your not hearing of chassis or suspension issues like Can Am has. Both Polaris & Can Am see ball joint failures every day. Have yet to see or hear of a XX hiem failing.

Yes the XX had sway bar links that clunked. A fix was released (should have been give to first year model owners for free! Another customer service issue) Axles were the biggest issue and unfortunately was preventable if they would have just used Robby’s original design in the first place. Robby released his Aftermarket fix and now Arctic Cat has their Center plunging axle that seems to be their production fix. The rack should have been double sheared. Seems to only be an issue for those who run hard. Aftermarket bracket fixed that. There have been some water pump issues, But that’s a Yamaha issue, and Yamaha’s stance has been the failures are do to the prolonged high RPM’s the XX is kept at. The YXZ does not seem to have this issue due to a few hundred lower RPM’s, the shifting, and honestly you can’t run a YXZ as hard or long as the suspension design does not allow you too. You would wad up a YXZ trying to keep up with a XX in the bumps.

Now back to the Kawasaki KXR. My friend sold his XP and just bought one. I have yet to ride in it, but looking at it, it’s a very nice machine. Fit & finish is much better then most other UTV’s. It’s Very stout! It’s heavier then the Polaris or Can Am. It’s N/A so probably not your dune machine of choice. But the inner fender wells are steal. So you won’t have sticks or debris going through them. The bottom of the chassis has a sold steel plate skid plate. The suspension is very robust compared to a Polaris or Can Am. The interior is nice and very roomy.

I think the KXR will be a great all around desert machine and rock crawler UTV. And it’s at a great Price Point compared to others in its class.
The problem with the XX was there was no aftermarket has RG had patents on most stuff. People want to customize their rides and buy aftermarket parts. Speed UTV was the only option for XX owners. Textron was given a great product to promote and they fell flat on their face. Polaris and Can Am might not be a well built, but any short coming can be addressed through aftermarket products.