Ken Block to Race the Baja 1000 with Jax Redline

Baja Bryan

Reaction
Are you navigating for Ken too , that could be a long day for you
I could probably handle the 1st 400 and the last 400 but all 1200 would be tough. I will be getting in with Ken on a test in in the TT and after that I will know how we stand. Peninsula run is all about patience and no mistakes and save the truck. The Geiser has proven she is pretty reliable.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Very stoked to be part of this and race with Ken Block and Jax Redline . It will be interesting to see how quick a good WRC guy can get up to speed in a TT. My gut tells me Ken will learn fast. They have a lot of things planned leading up to the Baja 1000 so stay tuned in.

Jax will have 4 or 5 more TT races under his belt by the time we do the Baja 1000. Every race we step up the pace little by little as he gets faster and faster. We had a few setbacks for for the SF250 but a top 5 is not bad with a TT field like that. Ww have a good starting spot for the Baja 500 and we will be ready.

Armin Schwartz made the transition just fine.

ErickK

Reaction
The thing I always find funny and slightly disrespectful to elite of off-road racing (which shows the minor league mentality) is that when someone crosses over for 1-2 races in a TT they are instantly a "contender". We see it every year and this thread is no exception.
It should be offensive to the top guys to assume someone can walk in from Rally, Dakar, Nascar, Drift, etc.. and battle for a top spot.
Putting an exhibition driver like Ken Block in a TT for the 1000, and I think the Redline truck gets worse in IMO. I get it, it's marketing and if you have the money not the worst idea to get eyeballs on you, but it sets you back a few spots or more.. But then again we've already established social media is more important than results so maybe it's NET win. IDK..

AZ7000'

Reaction
And he is a bike guy, a great racer can see success.