Ken Block to Race the Baja 1000 with Jax Redline

class5cole

Reaction
The thing I always find funny and slightly disrespectful to elite of off-road racing (which shows the minor league mentality) is that when someone crosses over for 1-2 races in a TT they are instantly a "contender". We see it every year and this thread is no exception.
It should be offensive to the top guys to assume someone can walk in from Rally, Dakar, Nascar, Drift, etc.. and battle for a top spot.
Putting an exhibition driver like Ken Block in a TT for the 1000, and I think the Redline truck gets worse in IMO. I get it, it's marketing and if you have the money not the worst idea to get eyeballs on you, but it sets you back a few spots or more.. But then again we've already established social media is more important than results so maybe it's NET win. IDK..
Some of the top tier teams look down at the limited classes so what's the difference?

class5cole

Reaction
don't you mean 'teams' in Top tier equipment?, anyone who looks down on lower classes has no class, ESPECIALLY in off road desert racing
Good point. I like how you worded it better. I remember not too long ago on this forum, someones opinion was invalid because they were only a 1450 team...

Argentino

Reaction
1619545655635.png

51rcr

Reaction
Jax has talent. Obviously loves desert racing. Cross exposure is always good for everyone. Whos doesnt want to drive a T truck? Who doesnt want to drive a rally car or do a hillclimb? Who doesnt like to see other talents try something else and see how they do and there prespective on it.

51rcr

Reaction
We're going to get full coverage on our class 10 and make Travis Pastrana the 3rd driver
Certainly has worked well for flat track TT. Surprised when he Did TT it stayed pretty mellow on coverage of him. Maybe because Desert crowd is used to other racing stars coming in so no big deal to them and the press. I also think cause the desert crowd figured he would ball it up.

MTPyle

Reaction
It will be cool to see Ken race with Jax. Great for the sport and for Jax experience.

how will Ken do? Who knows. We do know that being a great driver does not always translate to a great off-road racer. Desert racing is not just about driving ability but more knowing how fast you can push.

I do think a Rally or Moto guy has a way easier transition than a F1 driver. Haha. Ken has a lot of different experience that will apply.

Mike

jon coleman

Reaction
just checked out ' Ken Block drifts London', 53 Million views, i think baja wont be that bad for him, unless its night in the deep silt, that gets fun, cant wait for That race!!

ColeA

Reaction
Stoked to finally see ken in a TT, i think he'll do fine. Similar to how TP did, not the fastest but everyone knew who he was. but who knows, he might surprise all of us.

Another thing to keep in mind is Ken is Toyo and Wheel pros(KMC) while Jax has been running race line and BFG.