Ken Block to Race the Baja 1000 with Jax Redline

MTPyle

Reaction
Those F1 guys cant be that bad... (Sorry I had to... only because I forgot where Jenson finished and saw you right below him...)

View attachment 225622

LOL funny. So I should say I finished right behind one of the worlds best drivers. So I am a basically almost as good a driver as Jenson. Love it.

Haha I try not to look back at our finishing, depressing.

Man we just need a good finish to make up for all these poor results.

Mike

Baja Bryan

Reaction
So can a rally driver be fast in a TT? Well I think so. Jax first took Ken for a ride in our race truck around a loop we set up. After that Andy McMillin took Ken for a ride in our TT. Cool of Andy to come out and give Ken some tips. I dont think Ken liked the right seat that much haha. Then Ken said he was ready and we set off for his first try at a TT. Did really well out of the box. After 30 min we we easly up to 80% race pace. Only thing he was trying to figure out was keep it straight in the little tracks. He said steering feedback in a rally car and TT was very different. But his late braking and turns in the big whoops did really well. Next to the road In plaster city got up to 100mph in the big whoops with ease. Had a little moment where it stepped out on him and got really nervous as we were headed for some big berms but I was really impressed how he saved it and did not over correct.

After the test in our race truck we jumped in a new Geiser G6 with a Dugans BB. Wow thats a nice truck. Proven setup for sure and plenty of power. That test was going good until we were back on the whoops next to the hwy at 100mph and the truck felt weird and hard to handle. Once we stopped they said we lost both spares' add in light on fuel for sure was a hand full for Ken. I think after a few more test Ken will be able to do a Baja 1000 winning pace. Ken was super cool and polite and fun to ride with. Looking forward to the next session.

Link to video of the test.

Attachments

• Ken Test.jpg
    Ken Test.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 107

jon coleman

Reaction
my moment was clipping one of those stupid CONCRETE utility boxes, you know the ones along the PC test whoops along the hiway, at night, ripped open both tires& broke a control arm but limped right into an ice cold one back at camp to access the loss of skill...

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Getting up to 80% speed on a 5 mile track you have been around a few times does not make you fast on a 250 mile section you have seen maybe twice. Add in traffic and other racers for fun.......

jon coleman

Reaction
Getting up to 80% speed on a 5 mile track you have been around a few times does not make you fast on a 250 mile section you have seen maybe twice. Add in traffic and other racers for fun.......
heres a test, put orange cones around 5 mile Plaster city test track,about as Wide as the roads in the BaJa, PC can make you feel like Parnelli frikken Jones, ps, best place to learn what to do& what Not to do!!!one last thing, no really!, thanx to Baja Bryan for the cool scoop on KB's tt adventuresšŸ‘

Last edited:

Baja Bryan

Reaction
Few more pics from the test.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-162235_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-162235_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20210515-162145_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-162145_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
  • 20210507_101641.jpg
    20210507_101641.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 109
  • 20210507_123519.jpg
    20210507_123519.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
  • Ken n Andy.jpg
    Ken n Andy.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 103
  • jax and Ken.mov
    5 MB · Views: 9
  • Fly by.mov
    3 MB · Views: 9

jon coleman

Reaction
i had that same ' CONCERNED' co driver 'look 'strapping into the right seat of an 8 stock truck with a 17 year old rookie, (luckily he knew how to drive), šŸ˜µ

Baja Bryan

Reaction
i had that same ' CONCERNED' co driver 'look 'strapping into the right seat of an 8 stock truck with a 17 year old rookie, (luckily he knew how to drive), šŸ˜µ
haha my first time getting into a TT Jax had just turned 15 years old and I was worried. Before that I thought he was to young to be in a TT. But I seen he has patience and listens to me good and that kept us out of any mistakes in the last year. Jax and I have done 10 races in the last year and we have not crashed and maybe only 2 or 3 "Oh crap " moments" Each race we have stepped up the pace little by little. Jax will win forsure someday.