kenda carlsbad

EvilOne

Reaction
we have been running the kenda carlsbads down in mexico and we are getting great result, we ran one for 400miles and the damn tire held together, for the money they are a great tire. we plan on getting some tires with thicker side walls for the 1000. the kend holds up at high speeds on pavement as well as the rocky sections, you must try one before you knock them. good job kenda and thank you for your help! lets get you guys a class win down in baja for the 1000

Last edited:

big ed

Reaction
Put a new one on for the elsinore gran prix in 06 and just changed it. It was worn but i got my use out of it big time,great tire!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
What compound range is this? I am about to put a Bridgestone Sticky ED78 on my bike as well as the ED77, I was curious about the Kenda Parker's, this is their newest dezert tire and I am always searching for the next great tire. Anyone tried the Parkers yet?

kenaroo

Reaction
I ran one of their millville Stickies and Liked everything except mounting the tire.. it was a total PITA to get the bead to pop. kept on getting lop sided on the rim and never would pop.. wore well and gripped ok..

I'm really liking the old standard IRC m5b for the rear tire for desert riding with varied terrain. holds up well and is predictable.

still love my dunlops though

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
Great for mexico up front.

x2

i had the kenda carlsbad on my 125 and held up really really good

then when i switched over to 450s
the first baja trip on my bike with in the first 20 min warm up ride down the road in erindera chewed up the tire really bad and by the end of the weekend it was almost bald but thats because i just decided i didnt want to save the tire

so since then i run maxxis desert i t

but i do like the front tire alot for some reason it lasts alot

ScoreWhore

Reaction
What compound range is this? I am about to put a Bridgestone Sticky ED78 on my bike as well as the ED77, I was curious about the Kenda Parker's, this is their newest dezert tire and I am always searching for the next great tire. Anyone tried the Parkers yet?

We ran them at Parker this year. The front tire was one of the best front tires he's ever used. The rear only made it one lap before all the knobs wore off. He did the whole 2nd lap on a slick. It was the worst looking tire I have ever seen. He said it was awesome for about 50 miles. Rear tire is way too soft for his a 450. The front was hard and cut right through the wash and tracked straight.

Dezertpilot

Reaction

EvilOne

Reaction
thank you for all of your input on the kenda tires. we have found that the carlsbad on the rear and parker on the front is the best combo to run down in mexico. we plan on running this combo for the 1000 this year. we are working with kenda to develope a baja tire that will hold up with thicker side walls. we have tested for them and we have had got great results. thank you kenda.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I have one on my 650 that I preran the 500 in 2006 on, and in the last two weeks have put close to 500 miles on and its still rocking plus a few weeks of commuting in between. The ED78 Griddy is toast I put on at the same time. I also toasted a D606 riding 30 miles on a flat to get it fixed. D606 great dual sport tire.

Carlsbad front/ED78 Griddy rear awesome mexico combo. Installing fresh set for b1k prerun next month.

EvilOne

Reaction
Once again thank you for all of your respondes to the kenda tires, we are finding out that kenda make a very strong tire that will get you to the finish line.....

baja rudy

Reaction
I have raced baja with the carlsbad for many years. I love the front mounted in the intermediate direction; especially on a 650r. Now that I have a 450r I still use the tires but last November I was told that they are now discontinued!!! I normally buy the tires from "rocky mountain" as they always have a discount price with free shipping and no CA tax. Were can I buy a set at a good price?

PS: I like the intermediate direction on both the front and rear tires.

rudy