Kenwood TM-261A Help

schafer

Reaction
I purchased the unit a week ago, its been great, except for the fact that I CANT program names! I even had Pat show me how, then i tried again on my unit it still wont do it! i then had pat try it on my unit and he could not get it to do it either, is there anything im missing here.

Corey Schafer
tmcorey@ttora-socal.com

Tim

Reaction
I remember I just used the manual to tell me how to do it. (program in channels) When I tried to put in actual names to the channels it worked, but with in a week I accidently erased most of the names and now I still have just the numbers in it. If your manual doesn't have it or you dont have a manual let me know and I'll dig mine up. Tim
p.s. if you want a list of channels that are used by different teams, weathermen, and racing org.s I have a couple.

schafer

Reaction
well turns out i called ham radio outlet today and they told me its defective and bring it back and they will swap it.. anyway im sure they wont hassle me about it. its like the programming just isnt there for the names, i have the manual and the second insert (addendum) that shows what to do, pat even tried it and it didnt work, so im just gonna go swap it with another one.

l8r

Corey Schafer
tmcorey@ttora-socal.com