• Forum membership has its advantages....

Kia TT

Chris

That's pretty cool looking similar lines to the vortec TT only smaller. Any recon. on the vital stats??? Shocks, motor, etc.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
has the same attitude as ivan's truck(quick & nimble). looks a lot like the trailblazer too. should be very interesting!! hope to see some more pics soon.

toddz

And speaking of Ivan's truck, it's on display at the Phoenix Auto Show right now. We always get the leftovers :-(.

Todd Z.

Greg

Troy Johnson Fabrication in the lovely town of Riverside. Some of Troy's work is on display at Kartek in the form of a sand car, It's damn nice too!

Greg

scott

Its similar in the front-end to the Vortec Trailblazer, except the roofline looks lower than it. Thats pretty killer for a kia. I think it looks better than the Blazer, My .02 cents....

Greg

I've seen it at Troy's shop and it's like 2/3 scale TT. And from what I hear the motor makes way more HP than what the release says. Power/ weight should be really high on this car, we'll see in a few weeks!!

Greg

StandOnTheGas

I missed it...? That blows. It will not be competitive out of the box if you ask me. Down the road, however, watch out! I bet they had some of the long distance European races in mind when they built it. Light is right if you ask me. Collin Chapman, founder of Lotus once told his engineeres " add lightness" !!! can't wait for Laughlin

THROTTLE DOWN

Jimmy8

A lot of people counted out Damen Jeffries new TT last year as well, and said it would take a year to develop. his first race he got 3rd, then won the next 3. Did not dnf once in the first season, and won the points championship. pretty good for a new truck. I think the kia will do alright next year, but probably not at laughlin. I think that truck will thrive for races like the 500 and 1000. Comparable to ivan's truck in my book. I sure hope that baby is pumping out more than 350 hp though.

PMC Racing

Greg

Actually, I talked with the guy who was called in to get more power out of the kia motor and he says as of now that is probably all they are making (about 50 hp more than when that motor powered a paristo dakar car a year or so ago). He's doing tons of head work on his flow bench on the next motor though so i would assume much more power later in the season.

Greg

TimHayosh

Yeah, the first thing I thought about was weight:hp. But 350hp isn't gonna get it.
If the KIA weighs 4000#, the weight to hp ratio is 11.42:1. If the weight is 4500#, the weight to hp is 12.85:1. If it weighs 5000#, the ratio is 14.28:1.

As a contrast, a 7000# truck with a 700hp motor is 10:1. This car would have to weigh 3500lbs to equal.

This car may have other advantages, but weight to hp doesn't look like it.

exactly $0.02!

Jimmy8

I love it, if score opened up the rules to allow turbos, like a lot of people want them to, the kia would have instant hp, but instead they are having to work for it and I think its great.

PMC Racing