Kidney Stones suck

Matt_Stankavich

Mr. Football 2009
Reaction
I am writing this as I am in the middle of an attack. I havent even started to pass em yet and I want to die. The pain that is in my back right now will not go away.

Anyone else ever suffer from them? Any wives tales to relive the back pain or to break em down?

michael_loomis

Reaction
Sorry to here this Matt! I can't say that I know what your going through, but I hope it passes quickly man!

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Break them down? no. Make them pass easier? Yes! Get a cooler full of beer and sit on the toilet drinking heavily. Dulls the pain and speeds up the flushing process. In the future drink more liquids and cut back on the dairy and nuts.......

Mmmmm Cheese, the forbidden fruit........

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
I am writing this as I am in the middle of an attack. I havent even started to pass em yet and I want to die. The pain that is in my back right now will not go away.

Anyone else ever suffer from them? Any wives tales to relive the back pain or to break em down?

No easy fix as far as i know, and I know a guy
that has had plenty of his share......

I don't envy you...hope
"they" pass soon....

nohandslance

Reaction
I am told kidney stones are the male equivalent to female child birth. Ouch! get to the Doctor.

Matt_Stankavich

Mr. Football 2009
Reaction
I've been to the doctors yesterday. Gave me Tylenol with codine. It hasnt dont crap. I had them 6 years ago and dont remeber it hurting this bad for this long. I have been doubled over for the last 4 hours.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
I've been to the doctors yesterday. Gave me Tylenol with codine. It hasnt dont crap. I had them 6 years ago and dont remeber it hurting this bad for this long. I have been doubled over for the last 4 hours.

I'm afraid there's not much they can do until they pass,
from what I understand.:(:(

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
I am told kidney stones are the male equivalent to female child birth. Ouch! get to the Doctor.

Unfortunately they run in our family. Although it is rare for women to get them, My sister has had them. According to her, they are worse than giving birth........

nohandslance

Reaction
A non surgical method is Extracorporeal Shockwave Litotripsy, I hope you can pass these critters soon.

Matt_Stankavich

Mr. Football 2009
Reaction
Thanks everyone. I can't belive I have been hurting this bad for this long. I made a hot bath and that felt good. But as soon as I got out it hurt again. Just ran to CVS for some advil and a heating pad. It really sucks because my company doesnt offer sick pay. So I am out a ton of money the last few days.

jbarker@banks

Reaction
I've got 'em. The last bad attack was just before the Henderson race in December. IT SUCKS!!! It hit me the night before contingency at 2am, and let me tell you there's nothing worse then tossing your cookies in a Vegas hotel room for no good reason! I had to call the wife to come up and get me, I couldn't drive and I missed the race. They gave me 700mg Vicadan(sp) and it didn't do squat. I ended up in the ER 3 times and they had to shoot me up with something called Delodid (I have no clue how it's spelled but that's as close as I can get) to get the pain to stop. I ended up passing 2 stones on the same side and the whole ordeal took a full 10 days. So they do an MRI, I'll take this oppertunity to point out that these doctors had no interest in getting rid of the stones but were more then happy to give me all the pain killers I could eat, anyway the right kidney is clean.....but there's 5 more waiting in the left one!

Chase 2

Reaction
With my first kidney stone happened, I had no idea that something could hurt so bad. I curled up in a ball on my bedroom floor and suffered through it for a day and a half. It hurt so bad I puked a couple of times. Later people told me I prolly had a kidney stone. The second one come on about 2am on a Saturday, I found some Vicoden but it really didn't help, so there I was back on the floor accepting waves of intense pain through Sunday night. Monday morning I called my Doc, who saw me right away but he informed me that it couldn't have been a stone because people just don't suffer through it alone, they go to the hospital and get morphine...........duh... The next one (about a year ago) as soon as it started I knew what was going on and I had my wife drive me straight to the hospital (again at like 03:00). As I came crashing through the ER front door holding my back, bent over in extreme pain, I think the nurses thought that I had been shot or something, As I stumbled up top the desk I managed to say kidney stone and that was it. With in seconds I was on a gurney, a Doc gave me a quick look and I had the best drugs ever shooting through my veins.

Go to the ER and get the drugs, there is no reason to suffer.

jbarker@banks

Reaction
I've had a kidney stone and 6 labors. I'll take labor anyday.

I've heard that comparison too, my sisters an RN. I can only imagine if these doctors treated labor the way they treat stones. I can see it now: "In labor huh? Well, here's some pain killers, go home, and make sure you call us when it comes out".:eek:

jbarker@banks

Reaction
With my first kidney stone happened, I had no idea that something could hurt so bad. I curled up in a ball on my bedroom floor and suffered through it for a day and a half. It hurt so bad I puked a couple of times. Later people told me I prolly had a kidney stone. The second one come on about 2am on a Saturday, I found some Vicoden but it really didn't help, so there I was back on the floor accepting waves of intense pain through Sunday night. Monday morning I called my Doc, who saw me right away but he informed me that it couldn't have been a stone because people just don't suffer through it alone, they go to the hospital and get morphine...........duh... The next one (about a year ago) as soon as it started I knew what was going on and I had my wife drive me straight to the hospital (again at like 03:00). As I came crashing through the ER front door holding my back, bent over in extreme pain, I think the nurses thought that I had been shot or something, As I stumbled up top the desk I managed to say kidney stone and that was it. With in seconds I was on a gurney, a Doc gave me a quick look and I had the best drugs ever shooting through my veins.

Go to the ER and get the drugs, there is no reason to suffer.
X20!!! They can knock the pain back and you can keep it down with medication. Screw the Vicadan it doesn't work, tell them to give you something else.

jbarker@banks

Reaction
All Vicodin does is make Me want to puke. I'm tellin ya, the beer makes them come out way faster..........

I think my biggest issue was the fact I was passing 2 stones at once. I couldn't keep anything down long enough to do any good. If you can keep everything down, you bet, bring out the keg.

On edit: if they give you meds DON'T MIX IT WITH ALCHOHOL!!!! Bad things can happen when mixing the two.....like your wife walking in to the room with antlers growing out above her ears. Seriously, it freaked me the hell out!

Matt_Stankavich

Mr. Football 2009
Reaction
I think my biggest issue was the fact I was passing 2 stones at once. I couldn't keep anything down long enough to do any good. If you can keep everything down, you bet, bring out the keg.

On edit: if they give you meds DON'T MIX IT WITH ALCHOHOL!!!! Bad things can happen when mixing the two.....like your wife walking in to the room with antlers growing out above her ears. Seriously, it freaked me the hell out!

Ya, I figured that. I took a Tylenol with codine, two 500mg tylenol and 2 200 mg advil, and it finally stopped. Laying on the heating pad helped a lot too. When I had em 6 years ago I never actually passed a solid stone. Just a bunch of sand. The pain I am getting now is it (or them) moving around in my back. I wouldn't wish this kind of pain on my worst enemy.