Kids booster seat with 3” belt

Tonyatrre

RDC Crypto
Can anyone tell me if the kids booster seat like the HSP seat will work with a 3” wide belt? Or other brands that will.

Thanks,
Tony

Advertising supports this site

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
Can anyone tell me if the kids booster seat like the HSP seat will work with a 3” wide belt? Or other brands that will.

Thanks,
Tony
I have specialized training in this area. Can you explain your question and your situation better?

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
35 lbs and 50 lbs . 4 and 6 . Child seat pretty hard to strap in .
Wow, they're SO little, and their bodies are still forming and are SO fragile at that point, especially the 4 year old.

Even if you can get a seat/harness solution that fits them, I wouldn't be comfortable taking them off road in a UTV, or traveling any faster with them in the UTV than they could each pedal a bicycle on flat ground.

UTVs don't pass any crash standards, so the peak forces in collisions can be MUCH higher than a road-going automobile traveling at comparable speeds.

And even if you can restrain their bodies, their necks are a MAJOR issue. A small child's head is disproportionately large and heavy compared to the proportions of a fully-developed adult, their helmet makes it even heavier, and their cervical spine is smaller and still developing. That's why we tell parents to keep children in rear-facing child safety seats AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. Even if you could properly fit them to a containment seat and a HANS device, they're always going to be at a much greater risk for injury and death.

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
The warning stickers and owner's manual of your UTV will probably tell you not to carry passengers under 12 years of age, most likely because of the safety concerns I've already mentioned.

And California Vehicle Code VC § 38604, among other laws, probably makes it illegal to do so anyway.

ciscokid8

RDC Crypto
So I bought a 4 seater and have the 2 back seats with .50 kids seats. They hug my my girls really well and keep them in nice and snug and you run the 5 point seat belts around them. I also have them wired so we can talk. (mostly telling me to play another kid song through the head sets) My speeds with them are relatively slow. Honestly, most of the time we put one of these in front driver, I sit passenger and work the gas, in low gear, while they steer. They love it and it prepares them for driving as they get older.
1655824459102.png

43mod

RDC Crypto
The .50 cal pic is a bit deceiving . The shoulder belts go over the original seat and not behind the booster . Two on order . Thanks for the tip .

powerbox_builder

RDC Crypto
The 3" belts are tough on little ones. The hardware is too big, tends to land too high, especially the shoulder belts. Would bang up my sons head and shoulders up untill he was about 10.

ciscokid8

RDC Crypto
The 3" belts are tough on little ones. The hardware is too big, tends to land too high, especially the shoulder belts. Would bang up my sons head and shoulders up untill he was about 10.
Most stock belts are 2”, they sit high with these seats. The belts wrap around the original headrest so they aren’t so tight as the pick shows. My girls ARS are 6 & 9 and haven’t complained. Just my experience.