Kinda dissapointed with Primm

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Well upon reading what Laurie wrote, that class 7 races in the morning I went on to Score's site and found what was news to me.....every class with the exception of TT and Class 1 races in the morning....I thought we were going to get the priveledge of being passed by some of the best TT and Class 1 drivers....sort of a free for all kind of thing, sounded fun to say the least..........

2nd...I see that only TT and Class 1 race 276 miles, 5, 5-1600, 6, 7, 7SX, 8, PT, 2, 7/2 only race 207 miles.....I was looking forward to a 276 mile race but, oh well

P.S. Why the change of groups and didn't all classes race the whole 276 before?

P.P.S. Even though it might sound like a bash, IT IS NOT, just thought things were different at Primm

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
I'm having a flash back to this years Terribles Town 250 when, what I believe was, a class 7 truck caused the two lead Trophy Trucks to crash into each other, taking Whelchel out of the race and leaving Andy to finish 3rd with a totaled front end. Your just holding them up and not making them happy so perhaps its a good idea your not on the same track. I'd be thanking SCORE.

After two 69-mile laps, the unofficial timing in the McMillin Racing pit showed the #31 truck ahead on time by a mere 30 plus or minus seconds. The main pit was abuzz with anticipation as “Bebo” began his final lap.
Only minutes later, as the crew began to gather up the fueling equipment, the race frequency came alive as Andy reported they were involved in a crash with the physical race leader, Jerry Whelchel. In fact, Whelchel, who was only seconds in front of the McMillin race truck, had crashed into a limited class truck that was stopped and buried in the deep Nevada silt. While Whelchel attempted to get his truck out of the cloud of silt, the #31 unknowingly drove at speed directly into the path of the trapped race vehicles.

“We’re relieved that no one was injured. Unfortunately, racing incidents of this nature do occur from time to time. Andy and his co-driver, Brady Thompson, did a great job at getting out of the accident and back in the race as fast as they could. Once they were out of the jam and back in clean air, they raced hard for the final 62.5 miles of the race,” explained team manager Greg Williams.

Bebo drove across the finish line in third place among the Trick Truck class and finished fifth overall with a time of 3 hours, 48 minutes and 3 seconds. The #31 McMillin Homes truck was less than 5 minutes off the winning time of 3:43:18. This important podium finish earned Andy McMillin the point lead for the 2009 Best in the Desert Series championship in the elite Trick Truck class.

Seated in his truck Andy said, “Wow! That was crazy! We never saw the stopped trucks in the blinding silt. All of a sudden, they just appeared and by that time it was too late. I’m really glad that no one was hurt. I’m surprised that the front of our truck was not more damaged. After finishing the second lap, we felt we were in the right spot for this 3-lap race. The truck was running perfect and we had no flats all day long. Then out of nowhere appeared the #40 truck and well the rest is history. That mishap cost both of our teams the chance to race to the finish.”

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
Well upon reading what Laurie wrote, that class 7 races in the morning I went on to Score's site and found what was news to me.....every class with the exception of TT and Class 1 races in the morning....I thought we were going to get the priveledge of being passed by some of the best TT and Class 1 drivers....sort of a free for all kind of thing, sounded fun to say the least..........

2nd...I see that only TT and Class 1 race 276 miles, 5, 5-1600, 6, 7, 7SX, 8, PT, 2, 7/2 only race 207 miles.....I was looking forward to a 276 mile race but, oh well

P.P.S. Even though it might sound like a bash, IT IS NOT, just thought things were different at Primm
I believe SCORE has had the split race for a few years now, no?

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
I'm having a flash back to this years Terribles Town 250 when, what I believe was, a class 7 truck caused the two lead Trophy Trucks to crash into each other, taking Whelchel out of the race and leaving Andy to finish 3rd with a totaled front end. Your just holding them up and not making them happy so perhaps its a good idea your not on the same track. I'd be thanking SCORE.

After two 69-mile laps, the unofficial timing in the McMillin Racing pit showed the #31 truck ahead on time by a mere 30 plus or minus seconds. The main pit was abuzz with anticipation as “Bebo” began his final lap.
Only minutes later, as the crew began to gather up the fueling equipment, the race frequency came alive as Andy reported they were involved in a crash with the physical race leader, Jerry Whelchel. In fact, Whelchel, who was only seconds in front of the McMillin race truck, had crashed into a limited class truck that was stopped and buried in the deep Nevada silt. While Whelchel attempted to get his truck out of the cloud of silt, the #31 unknowingly drove at speed directly into the path of the trapped race vehicles.

“We’re relieved that no one was injured. Unfortunately, racing incidents of this nature do occur from time to time. Andy and his co-driver, Brady Thompson, did a great job at getting out of the accident and back in the race as fast as they could. Once they were out of the jam and back in clean air, they raced hard for the final 62.5 miles of the race,” explained team manager Greg Williams.

Bebo drove across the finish line in third place among the Trick Truck class and finished fifth overall with a time of 3 hours, 48 minutes and 3 seconds. The #31 McMillin Homes truck was less than 5 minutes off the winning time of 3:43:18. This important podium finish earned Andy McMillin the point lead for the 2009 Best in the Desert Series championship in the elite Trick Truck class.

Seated in his truck Andy said, “Wow! That was crazy! We never saw the stopped trucks in the blinding silt. All of a sudden, they just appeared and by that time it was too late. I’m really glad that no one was hurt. I’m surprised that the front of our truck was not more damaged. After finishing the second lap, we felt we were in the right spot for this 3-lap race. The truck was running perfect and we had no flats all day long. Then out of nowhere appeared the #40 truck and well the rest is history. That mishap cost both of our teams the chance to race to the finish.”
But isn't that just part racing? It was an accident. We all know that all kinds of racing is inherently dangerous and accidents can and will happen regardless of class and speed.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
Ahhh, i see... I think I have silt for brains tonight jajaja!

3G RACING

Reaction
quick question....
are the fees the same for running 276 miles and 207 miles??

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
But isn't that just part racing? It was an accident. We all know that all kinds of racing is inherently dangerous and accidents can and will happen regardless of class and speed.
the odds of an accident happening between the trophy trucks and class ones with limited classes on a loop race are much higher, theoretically. But of course, Sal Fish isn't a magical wizard who can see the future of an accident may or may not happening so he's opting to take the smartest, most logical and the safest option. obviously an accident can happen, but why increase the odds of one happening. I don't understand why a thread even had to be started about this. just to make rdc live up to its name of racing's drama center? Be thankful we even have a race happening in Primm with all the environmental crap going on out there.

racer951

Reaction
quick question....
are the fees the same for running 276 miles and 207 miles??
Of course they are.

To be fair, it's the same in all racing org's regarding entry fee vs. mileage (that is, it's not remotely equal). It's not right but at least the promoters are all consistently bad regarding limited class time limit and mileage.

Most of us limited guys understand it costs more to keep course workers out longer, pay more insurance, or whatever the case may be. We also realize the unmlimited guys are spending the big bucks to race; that said, we need a fair shake at time limits and mileage.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
I thought we were going to get the priveledge of being passed by some of the best TT and Class 1 drivers.
You think the guys driving TT and CL1 want to be racing at full speed and have to deal with lap traffic on the second lap? They're there to race and having 2 different races on the same day is the safest way to do it IMO.

Look what happened to the class 11 at the MINT 400 this year. It got hit hard and that was a longer loop.

Well the first group is the slower group and each lap will take more time compared to the faster group. It comes down to time, there just isn't enough in one day.

Volkspower Racing

Reaction
So it looks like with this schedule it will be hard for Robby to pull the double since Richmond is sat night also. Be interesting to see where he races on the 12th!

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Everyone here is always praising old school racers for what they did and we would have all loved to race back in the day but when it comes down to a race some people just get too picky...

Examples:

I don't want to have to pass slower cars

I don't want to have too much dust

Passing slower cars is dangerous

The race takes too long make it shorter

I mean come on people, this is off road racing, it is people that complain about racing such as this that make the new rules who you in turn later on dissapprove of now.....I just understand that racing is dangerous and it is fun and we should not take ourselves too seriously while doing it...

P.S. Dan I started it because I had an opinion that I wanted to put out there, just as always though, if you don't like it you do have the right to not read it...

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
Reaction
I am happy about the situation. With low entries in the limited class, I can see why they would put them all together. This is a hard charging race, and I feel that if there is a low turn out in the limted classes, then why not run them together for safety sakes. Now if they brought out qualifying to this race, it would be the perfect recipe for the unlimited classes!!!!

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
Wake up ombre class ones and Trucks were not doing 125 mph back then so you cant compare the racers and races back then to now.You should see the front of our 10 car ( was all new tubing) now after coming up on a slower truck in the dust at Ridgecrest. It just makes sense SAFETY and costing faster racers money and injury!

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Of course they are.

To be fair, it's the same in all racing org's regarding entry fee vs. mileage (that is, it's not remotely equal). It's not right but at least the promoters are all consistently bad regarding limited class time limit and mileage.

Most of us limited guys understand it costs more to keep course workers out longer, pay more insurance, or whatever the case may be. We also realize the unmlimited guys are spending the big bucks to race; that said, we need a fair shake at time limits and mileage.
I look at it as time. It takes me the same amount of time to complete 200 miles as it does the faster classes to complete 276 miles. I have no problem with the entry fees being the same.

Tipracer

Reaction
too many cars and not enought time, waddya want two days of racing???? J/k negro I kinda agree especially on the shorter race for the other classes...I know of some 5-16 and sixteen racers who are not to pleased....the groups should be split a little more evenly- more so that all pro racers are paying the same entries.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Way safer to let the unlimited classes go with no traffic.....believe me on lap one we will still pass 15 cars limping in if not more.

You should all be stoked to not have to risk your equipment with the fast cars catching you, even if it is just for the fact that you may have to pull out into rocks to let one hauling the mail go by.

I can tell you that catching a 7 truck is like catching an 11 car as we come up on both really fast...the danger for the 7 is it may take a bit longer to get to them and then they have a truck outline so it is easier to mistake it for a TT and then suddenly realize it's a slower moving 7.

I will state this clearly.....IF YOU, IF.....IF you had EVER ridden or driven a real Trophy Truck you would not want to be in a limited class vehicle on teh same track if you didn't have to be....for that matter you would never stand near the course when one goes by. I'm just saying

Fourstroker

Reaction
There are 36 TT's and 1's on the Starting List and 52 Total cars for the entire 2nd race. Shouldn't be a problem in my opinion. If I was one of the "Slower" classes that typically ran in the 2nd race I would welcome the opportunity to start closer to the front in the 1st race. If there was (1) class I would pick to race in the 2nd race it wouldn't be Class 7, it would be the 10's.

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
There are 36 TT's and 1's on the Starting List and 52 Total cars for the entire 2nd race. Shouldn't be a problem in my opinion. If I was one of the "Slower" classes that typically ran in the 2nd race I would welcome the opportunity to start closer to the front in the 1st race. If there was (1) class I would pick to race in the 2nd race it wouldn't be Class 7, it would be the 10's.
Or the 12s , but even 10s and 12s can get in a situation of lack of power coming out of a turn or especially a silt bed and be a sitting duck until you can get up on the pipe and get momentum going.

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
Wake up ombre class ones and Trucks were not doing 125 mph back then so you cant compare the racers and races back then to now.
well back in the old days they knew how to spell hombre....

j/k :D