• Forum membership has its advantages....

kindofa dumb question

bin04

SUPER old Fox shocks in the rear...what sort of shock oil weight, and what sort of pressure should these be set to?

Mike Depue

SUPER old Fox shocks in the rear...what sort of shock oil weight, and what sort of pressure should these be set to?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Red fox oil is the best as far as I know I do shocks for a bunch of cars and it holds up well not sure the wt 5 or 10 And preasure 150 to 200 good luck

harleys dad

Fox red oil works very well does not foam or fade and nitrogen at 200 psi

doug969

The red is good and holds up nice but I have used the blue for a while now and have had no issues. I chose the blue because its much cheaper and I would rebuild after each race or two.

ACME

^^^ What he said!

PS, Those are not "super old". Some of us old farts will remember the good old 2.0 days with no resi's and cooling cans with welded eyes for the heims... Someone breakout a picture of an old set of Bilsteins with the alum fins from the 80's. Ahhh the memories and back pain...

Them are nice i still have 2.0 fox that are custom lothringer shocks that were bypass before bypass was really a thing. I'll post a pic of these ol gems

mrmatt

I run the same shocks, except that I still have resi out the top. I run the blue fox oil for the same reason that Doug mentioned. I freshen the rears no more than 400 miles. I have gone 500 on the blue and it was pretty toasted by the last 40 miles. I have gone the same distance on the red and the performance was better at the end but I still needed to change the shock oil so I don't see the benefit....unless I was racing a race 500 mils, then I would use he red

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bin04

*grin* ok, ok! They are merely middle-aged, not old.

I found some blue at a local motorcycle shop and used that. Put maybe 70mi on the buggy this weekend; first race here in CO is in 13days, so we will see what they look like after that.

Suspension was surprisingly cushy!

bin04

heeeey, i said 'surprisingly'! Isn't that enough of a disclaimer?

:)

fyi- i rolled the @#%@% thing sunday...pretty low speed, landed back on the wheels and didn't do anything but mangle the roof a bit.

First vehicle i have ever rolled. go figger. (should i be admitting i rolled it?!?)

Paint was only two days old- now i will have to buy another rattle-can...

Mohr

If you plan on winning, you'll most likely do it again....sounds like you got off easy....(notice avatar)

elmariachi

Speaking of rolling, does anyone know where I can find pictures from RM12 (road crossing) from the "2016 Duel in the Desert"? I rolled on the first lap (970) and could have sworn there where a bunch of photogs lined up there. The number of people in that area made it look like the paparazzi were waiting for Kim and Kanye to come through in a Class 9.:confused:

bin04

Yeah, i feel like i got off easy- fairly low speed, co-driver was fine and nothing important mangled.

Sorry about beating up on your old car, Joel.

Mohr

LOL! That's what it's for! If nothing got too drastically changed, with a little skill you should be right in the mix!

bin04

i know, i know, but the roof made it this far intact!

As far as skill, hopefully i can develop...some.

Mohr

If you didn't know already, that was the 2nd roof...

bin04

hehehe. i kinda guessed, but the confirmation is nice- now i don't feel so bad.