King 2.5 coilover valving for Baja bug

ECMFab

RDC Crypto
Guys, leaning on you experts here. I have my baja bug that I have not yet built the a arm setup yet, nor the cage. I have no idea what the corner weights are. I wanted to get my order into King before the build (if possible) since they are like 6 months out.

My car is/will be baja bug with A arms, 3x3 rears, cage, roof rack with spare tire up top. Currently have 2276, but planning on J35 possibly a season after I build the rest of car.

My question is:
What would be a good valving starting point and spring rate for ordering my new coilovers? Is the standard valving going to be ok with the compression adjusters?

I got the spring rates from someone with a similar setup to what I'm going to build and was planning on starting with those springs unless someone has some good insight.

My target is:
2.5 x 10 in front with 250/400 springs
2.5 x 14 in rear with 500/600 springs

CodeRed Ward

RDC Crypto
Hard to guess not knowing the weight of the car but my baja with a-arms, 3x3, and J30 has 300/400 in the rear and 200/275 front. Your rates would be way too heavy on my car. Mine scaled in at 2348lbs with roughly 800 lbs rear corner weights and 350-ish front

ECMFab

RDC Crypto
Hard to guess not knowing the weight of the car but my baja with a-arms, 3x3, and J30 has 300/400 in the rear and 200/275 front. Your rates would be way too heavy on my car. Mine scaled in at 2348lbs with roughly 800 lbs rear corner weights and 350-ish front
Thank you for the reply! Do you know if your kings are stock valved? Also which ones do you have? 2.5 x 14 rear and 2.5 x 10 front? I agree it’s going to be really hard without knowing a lot of things for my car, but I was hoping to get the shocks close and maybe just swap coils to fine tune it. Might be wishful thinking there though.

CodeRed Ward

RDC Crypto
I'm all Fox. 2.5x12" rear coil and 2.5x14" BP, 2.0x10 front coil and 2.0 x10 bypass. None are factory off the shelf valving. Valve shims are pretty cheap though. You'd only be guessing at the moment trying to nail the valving right off the bat. Just give King the most info you can and they'll do their best.

ECMFab

RDC Crypto
I'm all Fox. 2.5x12" rear coil and 2.5x14" BP, 2.0x10 front coil and 2.0 x10 bypass. None are factory off the shelf valving. Valve shims are pretty cheap though. You'd only be guessing at the moment trying to nail the valving right off the bat. Just give King the most info you can and they'll do their best.
I totally get that. It’s a shot in the dark. I’m hoping to get close. Just wondering if the stock valving is way too heavy for our cars or not. What a arms do you have and what travel are you getting out of your car? Im
Shooting for 19 front and I think we are limited to roughly 13 in rear with 3x3