King & Fox shocks on ebay

MOVIN_DIRT

Reaction
It is easy to set up video security systems on motion sensors around your house. At least you would know who did it and maybe get them off the street if at least for a few days, LOL.. You could even use an IR set up and the thieves wouldn't even know they are on camera...

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
motion lights and a barking dog are great notifiers...go out with a bat and use it...jackasses wont come back... or jsut park it in the garage.

Kids these days never learned the 3 things you Never F with...Mom, girlfriend, and vehicle...a bat or breaker bar usually teaches them to not disrespect.

Eric_M

Reaction
what about having an electrode (sp) hooked up to the bed cage someplace thats not easily noticed at a first glance, and since the tabs are mounted to the bed cage, and since the bolt makes contact with the tabs, and when someone touches it.. ZAP... they might think twice about it then. i think it would be kind of a pain in the but to clamp something to the cage every night, but its a possibility. you never know these days

bajaboy

Reaction
I saw some camera systems at Fry's for cheap ! Around $80 now. It might be fun to run one out of the driveway at night.

Bajaboy

toyoter91

Reaction
Kritter even parking it in the garage doesnt help i have met three guys that have had there Integra Type R's jacked right out of there garages
people are getting crazy these days....

JeffS

Reaction
Carefull with the 'electric shock' idea ... If you injure a would be thief with your 'car alarm', he can actually sue you. Doesn't that just suck.

ntsqd

Reaction
If he's dead there's only one story when the cops get there. Just don't forget.

Eric_M

Reaction
i wasnt actually being too serious with that fact of shocking someone, i just thought it would be kinda funny to see what everyone would think. plus it did kinda make sence in a way. but that would suck if someone got shocked and you were liable for it.

V8Ranger

Reaction
What about running a bolt thats about a half inch longer than you need and drilling a hole through it. You can put a small master lock through the hole which would do the trick unless they had a pair of bolt cutters.

Erik Irvine

Reaction
Since I heard all these horror stories I decided to make mine impossible to steal
First I welded my bypass tubes to my shock hoop, although aluminum and steel don't mix very well but I think it will work.
Second I cut my bedsides in half, leaving a 6 inch space between the two halfs, I think this will make the theives think they are worthless, it sucks though because they flap around when I drive
Third I welded a chain to my rims to my axle and then ran it through my rear window and welded the chain to my steering wheel. I think this will thwart the theives for good!!!

-by the way does anybody know who fixes shock bodies that have huge wholes on the side from trying to weld them

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
On Security Cameras.

We are woriking on a system based on open source software and Linux that uses very cheap, off the shelf cameras to create a "turn on and forget" security system.

Basically the camera is attached to a PC with no hard disk that is connected to the Internet or a LAN (even wireless). The software on this box looks for movement. When it sees it, it takes video or stills immediately. The images are then sent to a central or remote server for storage.

I'll have a demo up very soon. Most of our property (2 acre compound) is watched this way now. We are working the bugs out and it looks good!

The cost is about $250 per camera. $50 for the USB camera and $200 for the diskless PC with a lot of RAM. All hardware purchased on EBAY.

01Baja4x4

Reaction
Just wanted to post and let people know I never recieved a response from the guy I asked questions to....I know, somewhat after the fact.

-Tim

dunerking

Reaction
That sounds like a very interesting.Looking forward with more info.5 years again some terds broke into my garage stipped and stole my car down to the frame with my tools, and then took those .There's nothing worse than a a thief,

ESB4130

Reaction
its easier to make a garage break-in proof though than it is to make a truck theft proof. i say tell mom to park her camry in the driveway since your truck has more money in shocks than she does in payments. then drill a hole through the bottom of the garage door into the slab, and put a 12"x1" steel rod through the door and slab at both ends...so it only opens from the inside. any side doors or windows should be covered and locked to hell. yeah. it makes it difficult for YOU to get in and out of the garage. but the extra 1 minute it takes you to go put the big steel rods that hold the door in place will be worth it when you never get your [daddy didnt love me] stolen.

i had 4 33x12.5x15 and a brand new 35 on the side of my house under a tarp not even visable from the road, and they not only took all the tires, but they folded the tarp into a nice little square and put it right where the tires were. it had to be someone i know because youd only know they were there if youd been to my house. which, unfortunately, alot of people have.