• Forum membership has its advantages....

King of the Hammers 2012

doug38s

Didnt see any threads talking about the King of the Hammers race now that 2011 is in the books. Rumor has it a certain TT driver at the top of it is coming to race he just needs to get through that race in South America and figure out the turning left schedule. Lots of new 4wd IFS buggy's being built right now on top of the handful of already built ones. 3 different classes of buggies along with a SXS class and now King of the Motos. Jumbo tron, short course action, grandstands and probably more people than the 25k from last year. Should make for an awesome week of racing.

www.ultra4racing.com

JaysinDesignz

Still a big separation in desert racing & rock racing is why. Which, I hope closes soon & helps the sport excel in builds & performance.

EBryant

I dont think the turning left schedule is at the top of the priority list anymore. RG wants to do the fun stuff.

Random Thoughts Racing

KOH is not an event to miss. The real fun will start around the 2nd when the teams start arriving from across the country and continue past race day.

bakerhab

KOH week is "officially" from February 3 to February 11, although teams will be arriving on the lakebed by the end of January.

KOH is 5 days of racing, a huge vender show and a big camp out in the desert. All the cool kids will be there.

.CAL.Photo.

Ill be out there for a good part of the event.

Radflo will be out in the dirt for 10 days with a full tuning set up helping out all of our customers. Gotta get an appointment quick because there are going to be a TON of people there.

Im excited to see how the 4x4 A arm guys fare. And we can't forget the TTBs!

Rock Donkey

I'm super excited to watch KOH! Lots of action this year, two new classes are racing; stock and super stock 4x4's early in the week.

The King of the Moto's also sounds epic. Supposed to be a shortened course near camp that is going to be super technical enduro-style and the riders are all invite-only.

mark your calendars...

Waldo

Safehouse
I have been told that Robby is going to race his Hummer... his co-driver will get out at each hammer and build a rock ramp to hit at speed and carry over the obstacles... what, you no believe me? You wouldn't expect anything less from RG, right? He has places to go and things to do!

VIVA SPEED ENERGY! VIVA ROBBY GORDON! VIVA ROBBY OF THE HAMMERS!
Another TT driver tried to get the use of a "ramp" approved last year and Ultra4 said "no"...

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
TJ FLores told me he is racing this year too...I believe in a new vehicle...

doug38s

Another TT driver tried to get the use of a "ramp" approved last year and Ultra4 said "no"...
What Ultra 4 said was that he couldnt pass tech, thus he couldnt race. Race rules specifically say you have to have a transfercase.

The funny factor and wow factor I would have loved to have seen Pete do the ramp thing. Fact of the matter would have been it would taken him days to finish the race in a TT with a ramp or winch on the front.

doug38s

TJ FLores told me he is racing this year too...I believe in a new vehicle...
This..... I'm looking forward to racing this guy. He's a badass racer that has done it and can drive. I love watching his clips and I think he'll bring a lot to the KOH race.

Waldo

Safehouse
What Ultra 4 said was that he couldnt pass tech, thus he couldnt race. Race rules specifically say you have to have a transfercase.

The funny factor and wow factor I would have loved to have seen Pete do the ramp thing. Fact of the matter would have been it would taken him days to finish the race in a TT with a ramp or winch on the front.
Rules are rules I guess. Sure sounded good around the campfire...

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
This..... I'm looking forward to racing this guy. He's a badass racer that has done it and can drive. I love watching his clips and I think he'll bring a lot to the KOH race.
Not to spill his behind-the-scenes stuff, but I know he has been prerunning...building his rock experience...LOOK OUT!

doug38s

Not to spill his behind-the-scenes stuff, but I know he has been prerunning...building his rock experience...LOOK OUT!
Yeah heard that too. Very encouraging to hear. The full on desert racer hasnt finished one of these races yet short of guys that had rockcrawled before they desert raced. Good to hear he's taking it serious. Bombing through the rocks usually doesnt end well.

Cortney Christine

I can't wait for KOH week! Myself and Poison Spyder [Racing] will be out there in full force!

I'm glad to see that some others are excited, as well. It should be a great race with lots of new faces and some desert crossovers.

Anyone that has yet to make it to a KOH race, I highly recommend that you do so this year. It is a spectacle, to say the very least.

See you all on the lakebed! :D