King of the Hammers EMC Live

JaysinDesignz

Reaction
So wish BITD and SCORE could take note from how Dave Cole puts this on live...There is no more dead air time.
It can be done at any race... Even a point to point 1000.
But even SCORE qualifying seems horrible in coverage compared to this.

vegasloki

Reaction
KOH coverage has been good for a few years now. They've been working on it for the last 5 or 6 years at least. Fantastic job. The TV deals may allow KOH more freedom (from a business perspective) to live stream. For the 1000 and the Mint there could be issues with carriage where the TV and sponsor deals may preclude live streaming. Even though traditional TV is declining companies like General or Polaris still pay more for something like CBS Sports Spectacular than for a livestream.

The Martellis appear to have the capability or at least the capability to contract out the work but for whatever reason don't. SCORE, OTOH, seems rudderless and lost when it comes to pretty much any sort of media. That's a shame because the 1000 is THE iconic off road race in terms of history and prestige and deserves better.

Dirty Harry

Reaction
There is an NBC Sports deal for Ultra4 with 13 episodes this season (they had a deal last season also) and they still do the live stream.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
Coverage has been exceptional this year!

Other than a few course marking issues, KOH is a very well ran race. I was impressed.

JaysinDesignz

Reaction
Im talking more about the commentating, commercials and replays. It is on par with Professional surfing remote live coverage.
We really need to see this with SCORE who can defiantly do this exact same coverage. There is no direction or even producer calling professional shots for SCORE races. I was really hoping to see 300% better coverage of the 1000. what I saw in the morning before heading out to pits was horrible and pretty stupid... And it was pay par view...

y2kbaja

Reaction
Only us dedicated family of off-roaders will watch the live stream. I really don't think it hurts the NBC market that it's live on the internet right now. So yes, all other big races need to look at KOH, they kill it. Thanks Dave Cole and U4 for making it happen. I think I'm calling in sick tomorrow to stay home and watch the big race!

mattj112

Reaction
it come down cost of having travelling filming team and cost of camera being place out middle of desert. With KOH its fixed venue you don't have to have travelling cameramen travelling for event. They could select sectors of the courses to live stream and have onborad cameras for non live sectors.

y2kbaja

Reaction
How many cameras are at KOH? 8, 9, 10? Not counting drone and heli. If the Mint is 100 miles around that's a camera about every 10-13 miles. With a good director you could easily capture the top 10-15 at each camera all the way around the course.

JaysinDesignz

Reaction
Mint course is no different then KOH coverage.. SCORE 1000 had pit cameras and were pretty much unless from what I heard. They could have had great live coverage from Ensenada all thru town, Ojos, Uruapan, San Quintin all day.
The BIG picture here is commentators the entire time on point calling out from the maps on TV and the camera man working not fixed camera

Getting this coverage dialed in could lead to MINT400 and SCORE being live on ESPN or FOX sports.
I was thinking race day on the 1000 we would see TT start and covered all they way thru the arroyo jump. But, it was spotty and pretty much boring take offs. Then commentators fittle farting on the stage

Mark my words I bet KOH gets on FOX sports or CBSsport pretty soon live race day...