• Forum membership has its advantages....

King of the Hammers Volunteers

JessW

Hi Everybody,

My name is Jess Wright, and I will be the volunteer coordinator for KOH 2016. I have volunteered since 2010, and since Simon has decided to take some time to be with his family, I jumped at the opportunity to get even more involved this year with recruitment.

All of that being said, it’s that time of year again!

We are once again on the search for volunteers for the 2016 Nitto King Of The Hammers, which is shaping up to be the biggest and best KOH yet. I am taking care of volunteer recruiting beforehand, and Surveyboy and I will be onsite during raceweek to help coordinate and manage volunteer staff.

Previous volunteers should have received an email from me yesterday (check your spam box if it didn't show up), but we need all the help we can get!!

Volunteering at KOH gives you unparalleled access to the race course, a better understanding of what unfolds throughout the race through race-ops, and the chance to ‘be part of it’. You can volunteer for an afternoon, a day or even all week as we have plenty of jobs to go around!

It can be a long day out on the course, but hopefully you’ll find it enjoyable and rewarding.

If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please email me at [email protected].

I can answer any questions you might have and let you know what info you need to supply.

**Please email me rather than PM on here so I can keep track of inquiries in one place.**

The Volunteer Raffle will of course be happening again for 2016, where it's possible to win anything from a hat and a t-shirt to a winch, tires, or an axle.

If you’re already planning on coming to KOH, why not help out and make the most of your trip?

Jess Wright

ggglen

If I may chime in on this post, I have been a volunteer with KOH (Via KOM the motorcycle race that is part of this event) for several years and if you are looking for a way to see the action up close and personal from spots the general public is discouraged from going you should sign up and come on out!

Last year I had a long section of whooped out road where I was the only one spectating (It was closed to spectators and I was watching road crossings) and I got to watch amazing cars wide open through there all day long. Then in the evening I got to watch the rock sections on the big screen in Hammertown!

Most of us don't have the equipment or skill set it takes to compete in this event so why not come out and work part of it to make it a better event and keep it safe so the Ultra4 team can continue to put on this great event.

(I swear I wasn't paid for this comment!)