King of The Hammers!!

Borracho Cantina

Reaction
Whose in?? Ultimate off-road race for spectating. We will be on the lakebed Thurs the 8th for Everyman Challenge. Staying until Sunday. Wish we could see King of Motos but can't get that much time off.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Dirty Harry

Reaction
Whose in?? Ultimate off-road race for spectating. We will be on the lakebed Thurs the 8th for Everyman Challenge. Staying until Sunday. Wish we could see King of Motos but can't get that much time off.
I’ll be down there all week, navigating for my friend Ben Swain in 4400 again on Friday and prerunning in my Tracker.

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

johndjmix

Reaction
It’s always so dam close to Parker, hard to do both.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

M4BoomStick

Reaction
I will be bouncing between the Hammers, Parker and the Office. Damn I need a helicopter . I’m thinking a nam-era cobra gunship with a moto rack on top of each skid.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I am pulling out of Parker Tech when its over and then I'm headed straight to Hammertown with the SDHQ vendor trailer. I will be there thru Saturday and maybe Sunday. (The giant masS exodus on Saturday kinda sucks with the trailer.)

I am not sure what night we're doing it yet but I SDHQ lets me throw a pretty well funded FREE BBQ for everyone while I am out there. This year I am making pulled pork sandwiches. I will also have all my off road parts and safety stuff obviously.

To those who have never been to KOH, IT IS EPHING awesome. It is easily the most spectator friendly off road event there is. (I guess its the second largest public land use permit in the USA also, bested only by "burning man" supposedly). There's like 30-40k people who show up for this thing. As a guy who goes to basically every race there is I am probably overqualified to comment here but Dave Cole IMO is the best off road race organizer/promoter in the game. (Yes I just said that.)

If you have never been to KOH you certainly should try to make it out. I know its not trophy trucks but its still cool AF. One trip watching these Rock Donkeys throw down and you'll see why.

Broncodawg

Reaction
It's no wonder how many big names in the Desert community you see wandering around Hammertown, after Parker's wrapped up anyway. Pulled Pork Sammys, sign me up!

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
I am pulling out of Parker Tech when its over and then I'm headed straight to Hammertown with the SDHQ vendor trailer.
TrailReady will be in your convoy Dan, same schedule for us.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
TrailReady will be in your convoy Dan, same schedule for us.
Nice. Do you know they put a truck stop in Yucca Valley yet? I heard they might be. I have to fuel up at the Valero just outside Hammertown and it is a pain in the arse because its not really set up for a truck and trailer as big as mine.

I usually stop in Yucca for my last meal for a week served on a ceramic plate and eaten with metal utensils. Unfortunately the only place that is usually open is Applebees.

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
We will be out there Wed morning staying through Saturday. This is one of my fav races of the year I cant wait!

Slippery P

Reaction
I am pulling out of Parker Tech when its over and then I'm headed straight to Hammertown with the SDHQ vendor trailer. I will be there thru Saturday and maybe Sunday. (The giant masS exodus on Saturday kinda sucks.
So leave Saturday before the mess and stay at my property in Landers till Monday.

baja_racer

Reaction
Parker and KOH..........It can be done, it will be done!!!

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Nice. Do you know they put a truck stop in Yucca Valley yet? I heard they might be. I have to fuel up at the Valero just outside Hammertown and it is a pain in the arse because its not really set up for a truck and trailer as big as mine.

I usually stop in Yucca for my last meal for a week served on a ceramic plate and eaten with metal utensils. Unfortunately the only place that is usually open is Applebees.
We always top off fuel and propane at Parker Oil on the way out of town and with 150 gallons fuel are good to go for KOH week.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
We always top off fuel and propane at Parker Oil on the way out of town and with 150 gallons fuel are good to go for KOH week.
Parker has a new (and pretty legit) truck stop at the south end of town now and I top off there but, I have much smaller fuel tanks than you have. At KOH I pretty much run my generator full time and by Wednesday night I am on vapors and have to go fill some dump cans.