• Forum membership has its advantages....

King of the Moto's

TwistyItch

So the big news for KOH is the addition of the TT's and their $100k grand prize. How much do the bikers win at KOM? Is KOH and KOM the same week?

Anyone who raced that, I'd like to hear your comments on the format and toughness. Cody Webb says it could be a lot harder and did not even list it in his top 5 difficult races. He told me it has fast sections where you can relax (haha - relax?). Anyway, it would be great if one day it made the top 5 hardest list and attracted all the top extreme riders and sponsor dollars.

It will be my first year as a spectator. Tips on spectating, etc would be welcome!

CFreeLV

No motos this year. Quote from Dave Cole:
"Unfortunately we aren't doing Motos. We didn't abandon motos in favor of Trucks. The decision to go a different direction with bikes was made back in February. Discussions are in the works to bring Factory backing and make King of the Motos a stand alone event."

So the big news for KOH is the addition of the TT's and their $100k grand prize. How much do the bikers win at KOM? Is KOH and KOM the same week?

Anyone who raced that, I'd like to hear your comments on the format and toughness. Cody Webb says it could be a lot harder and did not even list it in his top 5 difficult races. He told me it has fast sections where you can relax (haha - relax?). Anyway, it would be great if one day it made the top 5 hardest list and attracted all the top extreme riders and sponsor dollars.

It will be my first year as a spectator. Tips on spectating, etc would be welcome!

TwistyItch

No motos this year. Quote from Dave Cole:
"Unfortunately we aren't doing Motos. We didn't abandon motos in favor of Trucks. The decision to go a different direction with bikes was made back in February. Discussions are in the works to bring Factory backing and make King of the Motos a stand alone event."
Well that sucks. But I'm sure once they pull it all together it will be great. Still, I'm looking forward to next February's KOH.

TwistyItch

Well that sucks. But I'm sure once they pull it all together it will be great. Still, I'm looking forward to next February's KOH.
Cody told me today that he had 3 almost head on collisions last year. Apparently there was some rerunning while the bikes were racing? He was super pissed. But I bet with running separately, and with factory money involved, this will be a great race again. I hope they make it a rich race for those bikers and they attract all the best talent. I'll be there when it happens.