King or Radflo jack ?

baja stu

Reaction
What is everyone using for a jack in the lighter classes (i.e. class 5, 12, 5/16, 1600 etc) ? I like the ideas behind the King jack but if you’re out of batteries then you’re screwed. The Radflo looks to be a good option. What are your thoughts? I know that the price of the Radflo is $345 but what is the King priced at?

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
I have the Radflo on my 4-seater and it works swell. Each corner of the suspension has a short piece of tubing welded to it that the Radflo lift finger fits into.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
For a light weight buggy the Radflo would be a better option because it is WAY lighter package. The King is pretty stout. The Radflo takes some getting used to because the handle works backwards. Another cool thing about the radflo is that you can set it up so you just step on the base plate and extend it to where you want it...twist the valve closed and begin jacking.

BTW there was a used King jack and impact in the Parts classified

http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trader/atl.cgi?ct=7&md=viewadd&min=1180&max=1192&

Hope this helps!

TyBo1001

Reaction
We use the King jack on a class 10 and have been pleased with it's use. Haven't ever used the Radflo, so I can't really compare the two. But I would get another King jack for another car if I had one.

joe1369

Reaction
The King jack rocks!!!! JMHO, no experience with the Radflo:D

Fourstroker

Reaction
The good thing about the radflo is that if your impact takes a crap you aren't completely hosed. The radflo is basically a tall hydraulic bottle jack

baja stu

Reaction
Thanks all for your help. I'm going with the Radflo. I'll keep everyone abreast of how it performs.

joe1369

Reaction
The good thing about the radflo is that if your impact takes a crap you aren't completely hosed. The radflo is basically a tall hydraulic bottle jack
The king jack works well with a 3/4" socket and a 1/2" breaker bar, incase the impact is toast.:D

Fourstroker

Reaction
The king jack works well with a 3/4" socket and a 1/2" breaker bar, incase the impact is toast.:D
I'm sure you are right. But it will take you forever.

CaptinCrash

Reaction
Radflo you dont have to worry if your impact Breaks

BenchDuck2

Reaction
King: is more expensive and you need a drill to lift it up, If the impact breaks or batteries are gone you screwed
I just bought the Radflo Hydra-Jac from KLM Performance and I love it I can have the corner of my vehicle off the ground in about 4 pumps. it is also very light weight and compact yet made of good materrial the Radflo jack is also about 400 bucks cheaper.

Here is a link where i bought mine, PM me if you want pictures or more details

http://www.klmstore.com/radflo-hydra-jac-standard.aspx

hnunez

Reaction
Rad flo works well but you might need to have to have two lift fingers on it depending on your car.(front or rear flat) cause the jack can be over extended and blow the jack shaft out of the bottom. Then your screwed.

Bajades

Reaction
I've used both the King and the Radflo on a Class One. For both I welded receivers on the the front lower control arms and the rear trailing arms. The King might have been a tiny bit faster, but it burned through batteries on the impact. I wouldn't want to trust it in a long race where multiple flats are a possibility. The Radflo was reliable, quick, and picked a corner up easily.

BenchDuck2

Reaction
I was talking to a shop who was going out of business and they had a pile of Radflo Hydra Jacs left so I bougt about 8 of them they retail for about $400 i will sell for $360 PM if you are interested they are all brand new and in the box

burninfuel

Reaction
My Radflo is mechaical, impac runs it and use one stub tube at the center of the car, at balance point and lifts both tires off with an adjustable pin point and 18" of stroke
Breaker bar as a backup for the impact