King Shocks no longer BITD contingency sponsor ?

misterktm

Reaction
Anyone else notice this ? They pull out of all other series as well ? Kinda bummed about it, we've always ran Kings.

EL ROMAN

Reaction
Fake News:
1616695880460.png

dislocated1

Reaction
There is a difference in being a "series" sponsor and offering racer contingency..... if you go to the BITD site and scroll through the contingency companies.... King is not listed

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Fox makes shocks. King makes shocks. See the connection?
Ok smart ass, tell me what "big dawgs going to Mason trucks with Fox" has to do with King not being a BITD sponsor? So if all the big dawgs go to Rancho shocks, that means Fox is no longer a sponsor for a race org?

J Prich

Reaction
This is an interesting question here...the actual one and not the stuff that spun off after. If you are a racer that runs a company's products and benefits from and claims whatever contingency that company offers, my assumption is that you have some kind of at least surface level relationship with that company. So if that company is no longer shown on the list, wouldn't it make the most sense to reach out to the company that you presumably have engaged with as a racer to clarify whether or not they still offer that?

Not directing this as a slam on the OP for what it's worth, I'm saying this because I think there is a bigger issue here. This to me speaks to the roles of and expectations we have of the orgs when it comes to contingency. Why do we expect the org to act as some kind of liaison between the contingency vendor and the racer...isn't that something racers should primarily doing themselves?

misterktm

Reaction
Thanks Skyler, I think you are the only one out of the bunch that got it so far...

J Prich...If my local grocery store stops selling the brand of milk I buy I would talk to the store, not the dairy. If I wanted King to sponsor me personally (which would be great, but isn't going to happen) I would talk to them, not BITD. Admitedly, i haven't asked BITD about it yet either...was thinking someone here would have the scoop...

J Prich

Reaction
Thanks Skyler, I think you are the only one out of the bunch that got it so far...

J Prich...If my local grocery store stops selling the brand of milk I buy I would talk to the store, not the dairy. If I wanted King to sponsor me personally (which would be great, but isn't going to happen) I would talk to them, not BITD. Admitedly, i haven't asked BITD about it yet either...was thinking someone here would have the scoop...
No offense to you if you're defensive about it. I appreciate the analogy but it really doesn't address the point at all. You aren't buying a product. You're actually collecting. A more accurate analogy would be if the milk company offers you free ish milk that you pick up at your local grocery store and the grocery store doesn't have the free milk to give you...who do you contact?

Again the point I'm making here is really more about thinking through who we expect to do what when it comes to contingency in general. If you as a racer are receiving discounts, product, cash, etc from a company based on what the company has outlined as part of their contingency program...is your relationship with the org, or the company?

EDIT - And for what it's worth, I "get" what you're asking/saying. We ran Kings on our race truck and collected contingency from King in the past ourselves.

SMS81

Reaction
If BITD is offering it as an incentive to race with them, they should be the ones coordinating it. King is offering incentive to BITD, BITD is offering it to the racer.

J Prich

Reaction
If BITD is offering it as an incentive to race with them, they should be the ones coordinating it. King is offering incentive to BITD, BITD is offering it to the racer.
I'll tap out for the sake of not getting in to pointless back and forths but I disagree with the notion that a contingency vendor is offering an incentive to the org. The vendor is actually offering the incentive to the racer, and the org is the conduit. Somewhere along the way, for well intentioned reasons that I probably get, it seems to me that the orgs have become expected to be the managers of contingency offered from vendor to racer and I'm not sure that's really that great for racer or vendor personally.

Again probably pointless to go down the predictable path it will probably go in a place like this and I understand why some might disagree but to put it another way....there was a time when contingency offered by vendors to racers didn't require the org as a middle man. In a sense contingency IS akin to a form of sponsorship.

Last edited:

SMS81

Reaction
It wouldn’t be the internet if we didn’t get sidetracked for an absolutely pointless reason! Lol!