King Shocks no longer BITD contingency sponsor ?

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
FWIW- SDHQ was/still is a contingency sponsor for BITD and it came to my attention that I screwed something up when doing our online registering for the 2021 season. I am unsure if we were listed on the BITD site as an official contingency sponsor or not until a few weeks back (I think we were still on there because I did tell them we were in for the 2021 season but I messed something up on my end actually registering.) Even if we were not listed we were still honoring our partnership with BITD/racers.

As i remember it, something was glitchy when i originally registered so maybe that's why KING isn't listed? but I dunno... KING is pretty supportive of their racers and races. I really doubt they would pull out. (I coulda phrased that differently but I like that it sounds naughty.)

tapeworm

Reaction
Fox is moving its factory out of California, but will still be manufacturing race shocks. My guess is they will most likely split the shops and have a race shock factory and OEM factory. Both King and Fox now make so much money from OEM replacement shocks in the truck and UTV markets that they could both stop manufacturing race shocks altogether.

Big Whitey

Reaction
Since this seems to be a contingency post why not chat about when we should expect to get our”payouts” from a contingency sponsor? I have been in personall contact with one company about my B1K stuff and am still waitin. I have been told 3-5 times it is going out, most recently I was told it was to arrive Friday and so when Friday came I emailed asking and was told now it must be Monday. I will see tomorrow if it shows. They said they would provide tracking but seem to have forgotten how to provide the tracking information.
When is the appropriate time to call Score and complain that this company didn’t do as promoted? Yes I have been in contact with the company multiple times.

class5cole

Reaction
Since this seems to be a contingency post why not chat about when we should expect to get our”payouts” from a contingency sponsor? I have been in personall contact with one company about my B1K stuff and am still waitin. I have been told 3-5 times it is going out, most recently I was told it was to arrive Friday and so when Friday came I emailed asking and was told now it must be Monday. I will see tomorrow if it shows. They said they would provide tracking but seem to have forgotten how to provide the tracking information.
When is the appropriate time to call Score and complain that this company didn’t do as promoted? Yes I have been in contact with the company multiple times.
Sounds like the aftermarket company I used to work for. No provided track info means a label hasn't been created yet. Then when you get a tacking number, it hasn't been scanned because it hasn't gone out. The company will then say "The driver must not have scanned the box when they picked it up but its on the way"

43mod

Reaction
Whats is the King MMA connection ? I have seem two fighters w king logos . Pretty neat to see this .

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Kings are lovely sick bro.

1617636529170.png

MTPyle

Reaction
Whats this contingency thing you guys talk about? LOL you saying companies pay you if you podium?

Mike

misterktm

Reaction
To answer my own question....King IS still offering contingency for BITD events. Apparently they were a little late getting the paper work turned in - but they are on board. Not sure what the program details are, as it is not listed yet in the contingency pages yet...but don't peel the steeekers off - they are doing something.

And to my fellow Jeepspeeders....Apparently Baja Designs is offering contingency to our series, even though it is not listed as such under the (BITD) jeepspeed specific contingency page. I'm about to test this out by contacting them about Parker...but according to BITD they are offering Jeepspeed contingency.

And to Mike....the contingency/podium deal is what makes the long drive home much more enjoyable..especially when it is a really long drive...like to Oregon, LOL.

J Prich

Reaction
Kind of makes the case for building a relationship directly with the company instead of relying on the org as a middle man.

misterktm

Reaction
I'm Pretty sure King doesn't want to talk to 500+ different racers on their 'potenetial' podium and what they are going to get from them....But if you want to contact all these companies yourself...go for it....doesn't make any sense to me at all.

J Prich

Reaction
Not trying to get in to a pointless circular argument and appreciate your POV, but the bottom line is in your own specific case, the solution to the question of whether or not King was going to offer you something in exchange for putting stickers on your race truck...came from King. Not the org. In this case and many others, the best source of info regarding contingency offered by a specific company is actually the company itself, not someone in the org you are racing in.

misterktm

Reaction
I will agree on not getting in a circular argument...but to be specific on my original post question, and eventual answer - I was asking about the 2021 season, not a past race. I've already talked to King, and received contingency product from them for my 2021 Parker 425 win. I have a good relationship with Nick @ King...but he isn't the guy in charge of their contingency program - I didn't even bother him with the question. The whole thing started as I was filling out my contingency form for the UPCOMING silver state 300 race and King wasn't on the list. At the time of the Parker 425 - we were still using the 2020 form, based on sponsors from last year. I still maintain King doesn't want every Tom, Dick and Harry racer calling asking about their contingency program..they are likely to say "let's drop this BITD group, those bunch of yo-yo's are calling us all day." If I win, and have contingency coming - yes, I contact the company directly not BITD. If I want to know if they are sponsoring the series, I call the series promoter. The final bit of common sense to me seems to be to look at where the information is...Do you see any contingency information on King's web site ? I sure don't. I see all the information on BITD's site. All the manufacturers grouped on one page, with the specifics on what you need to do to qualify. Every racer going to each company and getting all that information individually is ludicrous....