King Shocks promised discount, then reneged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooterinvegas

Reaction
We have been ordering 8-16 shocks at a time. Then was told, (by king over the phone) 20 or more and we would get an extra $20-$25 off, per shock. So we ordered 24, and was told after, no discount for you..... What gives? My only question, is there any dealers here that could confirm or deny the 20 min order for next discount tire?

I'm not as concerned as much with the $20-$25 per shock, as I am about being told one thing by King, and then being told something else after placing the order.

baja619

Reaction
Fox is a great company to work with. Great customer service and the turn around time on shox orders are on time or better no matter the quantity.

Todd and Marking get the job done.

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
We have been ordering 8-16 shocks at a time. Then was told, (by king over the phone) 20 or more and we would get an extra $20-$25 off, per shock. So we ordered 24, and was told after, no discount for you..... What gives? My only question, is there any dealers here that could confirm or deny the 20 min order for next discount tire?

I'm not as concerned as much with the $20-$25 per shock, as I am about being told one thing by King, and then being told something else after placing the order.

well did you talk to the same sales person ? if so did he backpedal ? if that is the case ask to talk to brett cause that dont sound right at all for all the things i have delt with from king have been excellent!!! and if the sales person is not there it is hard to back up what he said but i bet if you ask at the shop they will help you get to the bottom of your problem as for fox they are fine but!!!! they are not a king

mpower

Reaction
i have had nothing but bad cs responses from them . the only thing i can say about them is the shock performance speaks for itself(would be hard for me to trust something else). as far as dealing with mike and dennis there it can get frustrating, brett is the man to talk to when you can get ahold of him, and lance is nothing but a grumpy old man. ive bought dozens of stuff from them over the years and their cs with the small time racers has to be the worst in the industry. they dont seem to really care about you unless you are changing over everything you have over to king. ive talked to a lot of people who have told me that king dosent make deals, they have a cant afford it you cant have it attitude

Scooterinvegas

Reaction
OK, I got more info....... Its looks like I only had 1/2 the story. The first call was for 16 shocks, that's when the discount came up. The 2nd call was to add to the order, and get a total for payment. That's when they said it would be two small orders and not one order. The person in-charge of ordering the shocks thought the order wasn't complete till payment was made. His was wrong. Two invoice's to pay, not one, aka, no discount.

CaptinCrash

Reaction
Fox is a great company to work with. Great customer service and the turn around time on shox orders are on time or better no matter the quantity.

Todd and Marking get the job done.

times 2 next time get some foxes

TauMau

Reaction
I'd think if he's buying that many shocks at a time he's probably not buying them for personal use (ie choice of the customer).

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Reaction
i have had nothing but bad cs responses from them . the only thing i can say about them is the shock performance speaks for itself(would be hard for me to trust something else). as far as dealing with mike and dennis there it can get frustrating, brett is the man to talk to when you can get ahold of him, and lance is nothing but a grumpy old man. ive bought dozens of stuff from them over the years and their cs with the small time racers has to be the worst in the industry. they dont seem to really care about you unless you are changing over everything you have over to king. ive talked to a lot of people who have told me that king dosent make deals, they have a cant afford it you cant have it attitude

What a bunch of crap. As a "nobody" in the off road world you would think if service was bad I would know. But indeed, I am a nobody in the off road world and KING has always given me TOP TIER service.

1. Before I purchased anything, I called probably 5-6 times trying to figure out exactly what we would be needing. ALWAYS a nice conversation with one of the guys.
2. Time to purchase, showed up in person, was given a tour of the facility. Got to meet Dennis, Bret, Lance and Tom their marketing guy. Having never met ANYBODY there I was given a discount. (Humm? Interesting, I only bought 8 shocks, maybe I'm just a cool guy or something)
3. Lance is "nothing but a grumpy old man" WTF??? Seriously??? He's such a cool dude, I can't figure how you come up with this garbage. He tells some great stories, maybe he just doesn't like you.
4. Service: Well, the guys treated me with the same courtesy as high dollar class 1 car drivers, and my suspension was dialed in and given the same amount of time as those other guys as well. TOP NOTCH
5. Service: Rebuilds, Repairs: Always a pleasure to stop by, chat a few minutes. Stuff is always fixed / dialed in and ready to go.

Not a single bad thing to say about King.

Nothing wrong with FOX either though. I've never used their off road stuff, just DH Mtn Bike shocks, and was always given great service as the Nationals.

I think both companies are pretty darn good. I don't get the KING trash talk though.

mpower

Reaction
well thats ( 1 ) racer. anymore?

jeff

Reaction
I think the majority of the original complaint has to do with money. Selling a King shock and making a profit can be tough to do. There's a reason that you see lots of retailers selling Fox, Sway-A-Way, and Bilstein. Those three manufacturers have their manufacturing and pricing structured to allow for a dealer to purchase at a fair wholesale price. Someone reselling or servicing a Fox / SAW / Bilstein product can make a buck or two selling those lines. It's next to impossible to make any $$$ selling King products, servicing them is different. Wheezy mentioned he had never met anyone at King before and got a discount. When a manufacturer does that dealers get upset. Why stock and sell a product if the manufacturer is going to undercut you and sell direct to your customers?

If the original order was 16 shocks, and then somebody called to add MORE to the same order (and made it clear over the phone it was for the same order) King should make good on the discount. Saying it's two small orders and thus neither qualify for the discount seems a little chickenspit to me. If King did that to me I'd tell them to pound sand, there's plenty of other companies out there willing to do right by their customers.

Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.