King Shocks rebuild in Temecula

BajaSupercrew

Reaction
I have king 2.5" smooth body with remote res. The hose is leaking at the fitting. Not from the fitting but where the fitting attaches to the hose. Anyone know of a place in Temecula that has King parts? I am thinking I just need the hose and oil and a nitro charge. They don't look like they are leaking from around the shafts so seals are probably ok. I could probably do the work myself. I have to learn some how.

Giant Geoff

Reaction
Try Kurt Youngs at Desert Creations 626-252-3566

BajaSupercrew

Reaction
Had them rebuilt at Off Road Warehouse in Temecula, nice prices and service. Should ANY oil be left of the shaft as the shock compresses and rebounds? What about small air bubbles and the shock compresses around the shaft? Will this problem work itself out as they are used or should I be concerned? This is my first truck with any kind of decent suspension so I have nothing really to compare them to.

BajaSupercrew

Reaction
Also one of the shocks only rebounds by itself with in 2" of full extension. I can pull it out the remainder but this doesn't seem normal. I think I am going to take them back and have them checked again.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
they set the floating piston depth wrong if it doesnt come out all the way when charged. I would go demand a refund on all labor and take it someplace that knows what they are doing. Kurt Youngs/Desert Creations is that place and he is also mobile. 626-252-3566