pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction

After days of hardcore racing action in Johnson Valley, California, the main event at the 2021 Optima Batteries King of the Hammers presented by Lasernut was the 4400 class racers competing on Saturday. They would have to deliver something very special to eclipse the amazing action that had been taking place all week; and they did. I don’t know how Dave Cole, and his team can keep coming up with tougher courses, but Johnson Valley seems to deliver whenever asked. The cars are getting so capable that it’s not an easy task. Not only were the rock trails dug up, and littered with loose boulders, but the so-called easy sections in the desert were rutted, filled with rocks, and whooped out. The whoops were massive everywhere. Even the braking...

Continue reading...

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Stoked for Slawson but man what a gut wrenching end to a pretty great week.

Slippery P

Reaction
Stoked for Slawson but man what a gut wrenching end to a pretty great week.
Yep I thought Cam and Wayne had it in the bag! It was heart breaking to see the 3 wheel drive turn to only rwd.

That being said super stoked for Randy, much respect! This race is won in the desert and lost In The rocks you can never count a straight axle out!

stephenrjking

Reaction
Good article, but I feel like the headline could pop a bit more with vivid wording like "Steele is buried in King's Graveyard" or "Slawson buries Steele in King's Graveyard for the KOH win." Something like that.

Which, by the way, is exactly what Dave Cole predicted.

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction
Good article, but I feel like the headline could pop a bit more with vivid wording like "Steele is buried in King's Graveyard" or "Slawson buries Steele in King's Graveyard for the KOH win." Something like that.

Which, by the way, is exactly what Dave Cole predicted.
Next time I'll ask you first. 😁