Kishiyama Class 8 pics?

PBR Overall

Reaction
Does anyone have pics of of the Kishiyama Class 8 Ford(s)? I believe they built 2 of them and the newer one ended up in the McMillin stable and was also borrowed by Venable back in 1989. I'm looking for a friend who is not computer savvy. Thanks all!!!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
The Kishiyama class 8, the newer one, was bought by Ford during the Rough Rider days and turned into a show truck. It showed up in the classifieds a year or so ago for $100k or something like that. It was a beautiful truck when it first appeared, everything painted, powder coated or chromed (kinda like the Dan Beaver class 8). I know that the McMillins (Mark) had the older one but not sure where that one ended up.

toddz

Reaction
I think the one McMillins had has been sold to someone on here who's planning to race it next year in NORRA (trophyburro, perhaps?). I might have a picture of it from back in the day racing in Parker in 1990. I also have the Off Road magazine article from '82? with the feature on their truck.

Todd Z.

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Does anyone have pics of of the Kishiyama Class 8 Ford(s)? I believe they built 2 of them and the newer one ended up in the McMillin stable and was also borrowed by Venable back in 1989. I'm looking for a friend who is not computer savvy. Thanks all!!!

Ask and you shall receive buddy!! The Kishiyama Bros built some beautiful trucks!

Old School Ocho evolution-

IMG_4062.jpg
IMG_4063.jpg
IMG_0539.jpg
IMG_0541.jpg

Newer build-

IMG_0545.jpg
IMG_0546.jpg
IMG_0548.jpg
IMG_0543.jpg
IMG_0544.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

TrophyBurro

Reaction
Hey one of those is mine LOL
Here it is right before its little update we just did.
This one was strictly a prerunner / norra build

Attachments

• IMG_4181.JPG
    IMG_4181.JPG
    980.4 KB · Views: 362

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
The blue one is not a Kishiyama truck.

What truck IS the blue one? I was under the impression it was the old Kishiyama class 8 from the early to mid 80's. If not, do we know the history of said truck?

Jimmy8

Reaction
The Kishiyama 79 was sold to Venable and Robby Gordon raced it for a few races... The newer truck was very similar to my dad's truck (Greg and my dad used to team together occasionally and helped each other build their new trucks), and it was sold to Ford, painted in the Rough Rider livery, and became a trailer queen. It was a beauty. We've got a ton of photos of the trucks somewhere.

Old School 6-7-8

Reaction
Venable Racing/Robby Gordon never owned the Kishiyama truck. I bought the Kishiyama '72 Ford Class 8 in 1987 (The first 2 photos in post #5 above are my photos in my backyard ), I loaned it to Venable Racing for one race, the 1989 Parker 400 because the '66 Ford was deemed illegal and their new truck wasn't ready yet and Ford wanted them in the race.

I sold the '72 Ford to the McMillin's and they updated the truck ( 3rd photo in post #5, I took at a Superstitions(?) race) They used the truck as a prerunner and raced it for a few years then sold it to the Valdez family who also raced the truck.

After I bought The '72 Ford, Kishiyama's then built their new class 8 Ford ( photos 5,6,&7 in post #5 that I took during testing in Barstow ) raced it for 1 year and sold it to Ford. Ford then updated that truck with the newer front end, step-side bed and Rough Rider Paint job ( photos 8&9 in post #5 which I took in Vegas ) and used it as a show truck.

I don't know anything about the blue Ford truck.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Venable Racing/Robby Gordon never owned the Kishiyama truck. I bought the Kishiyama '72 Ford Class 8 in 1987 (The first 2 photos in post #5 above are my photos in my backyard ), I loaned it to Venable Racing for one race, the 1989 Parker 400 because the '66 Ford was deemed illegal and their new truck wasn't ready yet and Ford wanted them in the race.

I sold the '72 Ford to the McMillin's and they updated the truck ( 3rd photo in post #5, I took at a Superstitions(?) race) They used the truck as a prerunner and raced it for a few years then sold it to the Valdez family who also raced the truck.

After I bought The '72 Ford, Kishiyama's then built their new class 8 Ford ( photos 5,6,&7 in post #5 that I took during testing in Barstow ) raced it for 1 year and sold it to Ford. Ford then updated that truck with the newer front end, step-side bed and Rough Rider Paint job ( photos 8&9 in post #5 which I took in Vegas ) and used it as a show truck.

I don't know anything about the blue Ford truck.

Does the Valdez family still have it? Where is it now?

toddz

Reaction
Thanks for helping clarify all this confusion, Old School 6-7-8! I was under the same impression as Rory regarding the blue one and sure would like to know the pedigree of it now (and what happened to the Kishiyama truck after the Valdez family had it).

Todd Z.

Josh 8

Reaction
Quote,
Ford then updated that truck with the newer front end, step-side bed and Rough Rider Paint job ( photos 8&9 in post #5 which I took in Vegas ) and used it as a show truck. [/QUOTE]

Then that truck ending up in Enduro hands at the end of there run. I am not sure of the details. Dave asked me to advertise it for sale and find a buyer for him. So I did and a guy in Santa Ana bought it that made transmission parts as a play toy. Thats the last of the rough rider “image” truck that I know of.

toddz

Reaction
Quote,
Ford then updated that truck with the newer front end, step-side bed and Rough Rider Paint job ( photos 8&9 in post #5 which I took in Vegas ) and used it as a show truck.

Then that truck ending up in Enduro hands at the end of there run. I am not sure of the details. Dave asked me to advertise it for sale and find a buyer for him. So I did and a guy in Santa Ana bought it that made transmission parts as a play toy. Thats the last of the rough rider “image” truck that I know of.[/QUOTE]

The current owner had it for sale on FB sometime in about the last year or so.

Todd Z.

PBR Overall

Reaction
All great info!! I will pass this onto my buddy who was first asking about the photos.

ThatSpaceMexican

Reaction
wait wait. someone learn me something, I had never heard of any Kishiyama bros. Who were they, or who are they? Also is this one of their trucks. i stole found this image somewhere on the etherweb. this is a case of "the more i learn the more i realize how much i don't know"

mcmillen prerunner.jpg