knock offs?..where to find

mosebilt

apparently the knock offs on my car have been knocked off waaay too many times..the ears have been broken off/welded back on many times apparently..anyone know where to find the spinners?..they are 3" looks like?..the problem is the the rear wheels stick out past the hub so when you swing at the spinner you have to swing in at a angle to hit it-bending it in and snapping it off!..lol..

Attachments

Ranch Hand

apparently the knock offs on my car have been knocked off waaay too many times..the ears have been broken off/welded back on many times apparently..anyone know where to find the spinners?..they are 3" looks like?..the problem is the the rear wheels stick out past the hub so when you swing at the spinner you have to swing in at a angle to hit it-bending it in and snapping it off!..lol..
These are available from So-Cal Speed shop. If they aren't what you want, maybe So-Cal can provide additional info

retroblazer

It may not look as cool, but don't they have a nut that fits? Or blend a nut for a faux spinner, so you don't use the hammer.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Rory

Crayola Killer
There is different thread pitches to some knock offs too so I would order 1 first, test it, then order the rest if they work. I ordered 6 for the Mickey Thompson Challenger IV racer (Left and right spares) from (I think) Speedway Engineering. If all else fails call Sandy Cone and he could make you some or at least tell you what you need. Measure 1" of the threads and count the threads, that should give you the thread pitch when ordering. Hope that helps.

mgobaja

DaveG on here should be of some help also, he used to make them " back in the day"

Dave_G

What color are the wingnuts? Are they blue or gold?

We made a shiat pile of knockoff's back in the day and as I recall the buttress thread is six threads per inch.

Ours were made from billet 7075 aluminum and I think the Sandy Conehead ones were cast.

Ranch Hand

I believe that the originals were from Culbert Automotive Engineering, CAE, a well known Sprint Car manufacturer in San Diego that unfortunately has been closed for many years.

Dave_G

I believe that the originals were from Culbert Automotive Engineering, CAE, a well known Sprint Car manufacturer in San Diego that unfortunately has been closed for many years.
Those sound like totally different animals.