ko2 issues???

steve0we

I put the KO2's on the chase truck and started getting a vibration about 55-65 mph. Took them back to Discount tire who told me I had a bent rim. Ordered 4 new wheels and had Discount re-mount everything. Still had the same issues over the next 1000 miles or so. Finally took the truck over to another shop who shaved the tires and now the issue is gone. Anyone else have this issue?

ErikIrvine

No

Crusty Shellback

I've had bad BFG street tires that would not balance. Has happened twice. Bra d new tires. If something shifts in the molding process, they will be off balance.
They should have replaced the tire rather than shaving it. You will have issues down the road. A good tire guy would have known this. Mine did and taught me about it.

AZFR8TRAIN

I have always run bfg. But I also chased a vibration on my ford f 250 super duty. First got tires rebalanced Then change all u joints and carrier bearing. Balanced driveline. Still had vibration. Bought new tires not bfg and truck is riding smooth again. Btw only got 20000 out of them as well

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Clay Flippin

Yes,
We installed the 35x12.5x18 KO2 on a brand new F350, same vibration at 55-65 MPH, dealer replaced the 2 rears, same problem...they said "maybe a bent rim" on a brand new truck...I don't think so. Took all 4 off and put on Toyo AT2, No issues.

JWK Motorsports

I’ve got 40k on these, couldn’t tell the difference from factory ride to these.. I rotate every 5k and I can easily get another 40k out of them. Great tires in my experience!
IMG_2545.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottm

25 years ago I couldn't get 33 inch all-terrains to run smooth, even though they were balanced. I was told they needed to be shaved because they were out of round. When Michelin bought bfg a few years ago I though maybe now they could make things more concentric. Apparently not.

Crusty Shellback

With large tires, best way to balance them is tire balance beads like equal. I've been using them for years in my 37" tires. Put them I. The 35" I put on the K5. Even ran them in the tires on my Harley. Never had an issue. Tires are always balanced.
The technology started in the big rig industry.

Nessy

I am on my 4th or 5th set of BFG all terrains on my 2000 F250. They always roadforce good, dont take a lot of weight, and I dont recall ever rebalancing them.

_

I put KO2s on my Tacoma. It turned out to be the worst tire I have ever had. Terrible vibration back through the steering wheel, tremendous road noise and horrible wet pavement traction. The tires took more weight to balance than any tire I have ever used, and I had to re-balance them many times over during the 30K miles I had them on my truck. I finally got rid of them and put Michelin LTX AT2. An excellent tire with great wet, dry and off-road traction. Plus, far less weight to balance and the least road noise of any off-road tread design I have had on the truck. Very happy with the Michelins.....!!

Nessy

I put KO2s on my Tacoma. It turned out to be the worst tire I have ever had. Terrible vibration back through the steering wheel, tremendous road noise and horrible wet pavement traction. The tires took more weight to balance than any tire I have ever used, and I had to re-balance them many times over during the 30K miles I had them on my truck. I finally got rid of them and put Michelin LTX AT2. An excellent tire with great wet, dry and off-road traction. Plus, far less weight to balance and the least road noise of any off-road tread design I have had on the truck. Very happy with the Michelins.....!!

HMMM... just put some 265/75R16 on my buddys 15 Taco and I had no higher than 14lbs road force on a LT tire. I drove it for 20 miles and it drove out nice. Its only been about a month but so far he loves them. I will say that Toyota steering is very sensitive to the slightest balance or brake rotor warp.