KOH 2021

Charlietuna

Reaction
It's only ~6 months away, so why not a thread about KOH 2021...😁😁

Vacation time set, RV rental reserved, shitbox Jeep ready (minus a couple of things that need attention, but nothing major).
I missed the 2020 version for reasons beyond my control. Not happening this time around.

jon coleman

Reaction
sooooo,are rumors true Rob Mac is racing the 11 challenge?, could be a risky move, better not have a mechanical, & better win( if true gossip)

jon coleman

Reaction
open honest question; how is Dave & the whole koh nation gonna set up& deal with c19?, v2r contingency was clamped down Quick!, im gonna skip another year( never been to koh), that should help it be successful, if i planned on going, it would be cancelled.i Am al bundy....

racetrash

Reaction
Going to be an awesome week, set the toybox before the first day. Go back home ( 15 minutes away ) and get some stuff ready and go and have a good time with my son in law and other hoodlums!!

Uncle Rico

Reaction
It’s going to be interesting for sure! Can’t wait to see the class 11’s run! And hopefully there will be a good TT showing as well.

Tube ride

Reaction
II’m really looking forward to KOH 2021! I have taken the last 2 years off because a tragic accident took a good man ( r.i.p. Nate) and killed my buzz. PLEASE PLEASE wear your seat belts/ harness at all times. I say at least your skateboard helmet in a crawler. It is the most insane crazy fun you can have out there and the only thing that can ruin it is a injury. Can’t wait to see you all at the big show

Tube ride

Reaction
Sorry if I threw shade on this thread, just want everyone to think safety. I wonder if we will see more roxor’s in the EMC this year I have heard one other being built. Are they going to have the motorcycle race this year? are we getting a land rush start for the 11’s ? As always I hope for at least one solid axle car on the podium KOH. if we get live bands again I say country music ! And I don’t see enough readily available/ mounted fire extinguishers in built jeeps and yotas

Tube ride

Reaction
California just voted and unanimously agreed to protect and designate the Joshua tree as a endangered species. Wherever the Joshua tree grows is now critical habitat and will be managed and the effects of public use mitigated much more strickly.

jon coleman

Reaction
California just voted and unanimously agreed to protect and designate the Joshua tree as a endangered species. Wherever the Joshua tree grows is now critical habitat and will be managed and the effects of public use mitigated much more strickly.
you all haven't seen nothing yet, cali is run by communists, it gotta get worse, always does, look at history's lessons.cheers.ps, they will find " endangered" things wherever they want to

Joxracing

Reaction
I’m excited to say we’re going to try and make it this year!

Been a big fan of Ultra4 since they first joined us in crandon awhile back, and has now turned into one of our favorite races to spectate during the fall crandon weekend.

My girlfriend and I are going to try like hell to make it out this year, we’re from michigan so I’ve been reading up on the tips and tricks of hammers.

As of right now we’ll be making the trek in my Raptor, more than likely towing an open trailer with our rhino.

We have a rooftop tent, will this cut it? Our experience is racing short course in the midwest where weather is pretty mild and we have our race trailers and campers.

Will there be public showers / rest room areas?
Any other tips and tricks feel free to let a newbie know.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
Do yourself a favor and rent a motorhome... I have been going to KOH for a bit now and the weather unpredictable Monday you can be dressed for 30* weather and by Friday your in shorts and T-Shirts. There are no public showers only porta-johns. There is also the option of renting a house near by using Airbnb or VRBO in Landers or surrounding area 15-30 min drive to lake bed but a warm place to sleep as well as shower you an find them for less than $100/night.
I have been to my share of off-road events this is one of my favorites to attend every year....! Don't wait to long to make reservations of you decide to rent something or it will be to late.

Uncle Rico

Reaction
There are public porta potties but that’s about it. The rooftop tent thing could go either way. It’s been windy the last few years which hasn’t been the best for soft sided sleeping arrangements. We actually had snow there in 2019 and it gets chilly at night. But one of the guys in the pits used a rooftop tent on his Tacoma with a tent heater and was ok.

Charlietuna

Reaction
I’m excited to say we’re going to try and make it this year!

Been a big fan of Ultra4 since they first joined us in crandon awhile back, and has now turned into one of our favorite races to spectate during the fall crandon weekend.

My girlfriend and I are going to try like hell to make it out this year, we’re from michigan so I’ve been reading up on the tips and tricks of hammers.

As of right now we’ll be making the trek in my Raptor, more than likely towing an open trailer with our rhino.

We have a rooftop tent, will this cut it? Our experience is racing short course in the midwest where weather is pretty mild and we have our race trailers and campers.

Will there be public showers / rest room areas?
Any other tips and tricks feel free to let a newbie know.

Thanks guys!

Went for the first time in 2019 (with much help and advise from RDC folks). We went the first weekend only, just because it was our first time and we didn't really know any better. Got there on a Friday afternoon, set up the tents next to the truck, because we had heard about the wind and though it might act as a bit of break...it didn't work. The wind blew from eight different directions at the same time. Luckily the wind stopped long enough for it to rain that night too. I'm a low desert rat...we camp at Superstition and OW in the winter and it's not uncommon to get ~30 degrees for a little while during the night, but then the sun comes up and it's bearable. At JV, it was in the teens at night...straight up "punch you in the mouth" cold. Luckily we had good sleeping bags, but getting up to go pee or even just to get dressed was a chore and a half. It was COLD!! Tents collapsed on the second night and we just wound up sleeping in the truck (with the heater on). It was a rough weekend for sure, but we had absolutely one of the best times in the desert in my 50-some years of going. Awesome machinery, Hammertown was cool as poop, the track and trails were badass. Just everything about it was a great experience. This time, we've rented a motorhome and will be sleeping in warm, heated comfort. Can't wait to go back.

/luckily, we left before the snow started falling, because I heard from other people afterwards that said it got even colder as the week went on

Tube ride

Reaction
I borrowed my dad’s neighbors rv a few years ago. It was so windy for like two days we just watched live feed from the rv . I cleaned the heck out of that rv but the blowing sand can still be found, so rent one soon.

Tube ride

Reaction
Helpful tip don’t use any water from the motor home so your wife can take hot showers . If she’s good you can stay longer playing with your hood rat friends doing hood rat chit

johndjmix

Reaction
I have gone for 2 years and brought my UTV. First year me and my dog Dakota slept in the back seat of my Raptor on a backseat mattress setup i bought. For me that worked well. Very minimal setup, but food/cleaning up/etc sucked.

Last year a few of us from my race team (Wild Power Sports) rented an RV. Worked out well. We used the company Dave suggested and, let me tell you, their customer support was amazing. The unit we rented had bad batteries...we ran into hammer town and told them, 30 mins later they were at the unit installing new batteries. Kick ass! I forget the name of the rental operation, but you will find them....they have staff in hammertown ready to help with any issue.

Honestly, a rooftop tent would work...just tie it so the wind doesnt fold it up!

This year taking my RV....

--John