KOH 2021

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
PARTY AT MY HOUSE!

Wednesday Night around 6PM and is for free.. I am bringing in the same caterer we had last year who made bomb ass food.

I'll be two camps away from the fire pit. King, then PCI, then me (SDHQ).
I am pretty NOT excited to announce that we aren't doing this this year. It has been a tradition for quite some time now. We really want to BUT with all this plague nonsense controlling our lives as of late I/we don't wanna host host some unofficial event and then have some LEO or 'Karen" (or whoever) decide to make a big deal about it and have that cause a bigger deal that could have repercussions that mess up the whole week for everyone.

I can just imagine the thread title "DAN 200 RUINS KOH".

But, rest assured I will be spending the money I was gonna spend feeding everyone on booze. The "SDHQ Tree Bar" will be VERY well stocked.

Drunk Spring Break GIF by The Lonely Island

FourLow

Reaction
We'll still come by!
I am pretty NOT excited to announce that we aren't doing this this year. It has been a tradition for quite some time now. We really want to BUT with all this plague nonsense controlling our lives as of late I/we don't wanna host host some unofficial event and then have some LEO or 'Karen" (or whoever) decide to make a big deal about it and have that cause a bigger deal that could have repercussions that mess up the whole week for everyone.

I can just imagine the thread title "DAN 200 RUINS KOH".

But, rest assured I will be spending the money I was gonna spend feeding everyone on booze. The "SDHQ Tree Bar" will be VERY well stocked.

Drunk Spring Break GIF by The Lonely Island

Charlietuna

Reaction
I know it's not an "official" KOH event, but what night is the bash where everybody tries to climb a rock face in their personal rig? Or is that an every night gig? Going to be there Wed-Sat, and hoping I don't miss it this time.

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
I know it's not an "official" KOH event, but what night is the bash where everybody tries to climb a rock face in their personal rig? Or is that an every night gig? Going to be there Wed-Sat, and hoping I don't miss it this time.
Pretty much an every night gig at either back door or chocolate thunder with the crowds growing as it gets later in the week closer to the main event!

Phillip Moores

Reaction
California just voted and unanimously agreed to protect and designate the Joshua tree as a endangered species. Wherever the Joshua tree grows is now critical habitat and will be managed and the effects of public use mitigated much more strickly.
Looks like my yard is a critical habitat!

Charlietuna

Reaction
T-10 days for me to be on the lakebed. Looks like I planned it just right, so as to arrive after the worst of the weather (hopefully). I really can't express how jazzed I am about going this year.

superduty

Reaction
Any tips or recommendations for a first time attendee?

I would like a good view of the fast desert race stuff and then at some point move to the hardcore rock crawl part of the course. I will have my Jeep, so I can easily get from one spot to another.

Is there a place to download the race course? Gaia or some other app?

450grl

Reaction

I would like a good view of the fast desert race stuff and then at some point move to the hardcore rock crawl part of the course. I will have my Jeep, so I can easily get from one spot to another.

For sure download the race maps (before you get to the lakebed is best while you have internet), because sometimes it's hard to tell when you are driving around if you are actually ON the live race course or not. I have used Avenza and Leadnav on my phone in previous years to do this, but there is a new app now as well, I believe, called OnX. There will be clearly marked spectator friendly areas of the course, as well as other areas you may be able to access with the jeep, but there are also restricted areas as well.

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction

Last year we found a good place to watch the desert race off the beaten path up on a hill where you could see the cars for an long time coming and going. Here's the GPS coordinates I found on google earth for the same place... that's if the course goes the same direction.
34.47772160162685, -116.6400742079664