On Topic KOH cell coverage

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
I have Verizon and last year I could make phone calls the whole time I was there (Wednesday/Thursday), Data was slow as hell once I got there on Wednesday unless you went away from Hammertown then it was fine again. On Thursday forget it during the T1 race there was nothing for Data, phone calls still worked.

turbodon

RDC Crypto
For how many people attend the event, I’m surprised carriers don’t put COWS out there.
(Cell tower on Wheels.) All the major carriers have a fleet of these and periodically dispatch them to large events where big gatherings of people would otherwise overload the normally used area towers.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
buy the garmin or the spot x with unlimited msgs also. And a sat phone. I get work when i go on vacation. luckily most doesnt need done right then.

Got the spotx. But I need internet. And the cost for BGAN bandwidth, well....I’d rather not spend the cost of an entire race in a few days for bandwidth!

—john

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
As much as I don’t want to, I’m sure *At some point* I’m just going to pickup a BGAN terminal and pay for the dam bandwidth. I’ll say this, those suckers work perfectly.

—john

51rcr

RDC Crypto
Got the spotx. But I need internet. And the cost for BGAN bandwidth, well....I’d rather not spend the cost of an entire race in a few days for bandwidth!

—john

Think of it as an investment you will use often. Plus the value of making money, working and best part, vacation.
I got a we boost drive. I have to say around here it is amazing. You hae to have service. But when ya do its good. So places i know around here i may have one, 2 bars and not really work. Now i have full and it works. they say that you cant just go off of bars but quality even if it doesnt show bars. But so far mine has shown bars. Ill send you another spot that AT&T works.

Surfnride1

RDC Crypto
Talk to me.... I had the WeBoost last year, with AT&T, and I couldn't get anything. I had it mounted to my truck and drove all over trying to get any coverage so I could handle my business. Ended up having to drive all the way back to the main road to get coverage twice a day.

I bought a Verizon phone and a lot of prepaid cards this time and was going to try the Weboost again.

Any tips? Locations where AT&T worked?

I lost a lot of good deals last year not having cell coverage and I'm hoping to not have the same experience again.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Think of it as an investment you will use often. Plus the value of making money, working and best part, vacation.
I got a we boost drive. I have to say around here it is amazing. You hae to have service. But when ya do its good. So places i know around here i may have one, 2 bars and not really work. Now i have full and it works. they say that you cant just go off of bars but quality even if it doesnt show bars. But so far mine has shown bars. Ill send you another spot that AT&T works.

AZFR8TRAIN

RDC Crypto
AT&T bush us your best bet. But with Verizon should be good til late in week then too many people even for them. Calls still work data was slow or not at all

51rcr

RDC Crypto
Not lots to add. try weboost again free 30 day trial. i got the newest version of drive x. For how it works around here i have high hopes as iam very impressed here. We have lots of now service and weak signal. If i get one bar before booster i go to almost full when its on. The bush of course is the very best spot. I figure with how my phone worked last year there it will be normal. on the entrance road not far from the gate. 1/4 mile maybe before the turn towards the gate is a split in the rocks on the ridge. I could get some straight across from there on the first turn in after the gate and then west. There is a few pockets there. We camped in the bushes with a tent. Also if your further west for like the TT race theres a few spots on the ridges. Thats off a different tower and system. i also got some on top of the west side of the rocky ridge spectating area at sledge and jack. One time i had to go all the way to the fire department heading toward yucca to get enough that day. No getting around AT&T sucks there.
Iam lucky enough that i wouldnt lose jobe by missing a call. Thats a tough one. Rent a sat phone for a week it osunds like it would be worth it. and garmin or spot x

Surfnride1

RDC Crypto
Where is the AT&T Bush? I never saw it last year. But then again I didn't spend a lot of time in Hammertown.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will be a lot less stressful weekend if I can check in on my biz once in awhile.

AZFR8TRAIN

RDC Crypto
Where is the AT&T Bush? I never saw it last year. But then again I didn't spend a lot of time in Hammertown.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will be a lot less stressful weekend if I can check in on my biz once in awhile.
It is not in hammer town but more across the lake closer to chocolate thunder. Can’t miss it only bush out there with a bunch of people parked around it. Was a decent size bush if I remember right.

Surfnride1

RDC Crypto
That would explain why I never saw it. We never made it over to Chocolate Thunder. Appreciate the help

It is not in hammer town but more across the lake closer to chocolate thunder. Can’t miss it only bush out there with a bunch of people parked around it. Was a decent size bush if I remember right.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Got a Verzion hotspot, amazingly it worked great from thr RV we camped in. On Tuesday Night we actually used it to watch netflix!

Later in the week the tower got overloaded and it didnt work at prime times, but most of the time i could at least get things through. I was able to make a wifi phone call from it in the middle of Hammer Town, middle of the day!

I have a solution for next year that will kick ass....ill let everyone know once i know it works. =)

--John

51rcr

RDC Crypto
lived streamed T1 race at&t at desert spectator area north. live streamed no booster UTV race at sledge?jack parking.

isdtbower

RDC Crypto
BFG Garage had a great hook-up after trying the first couple days. It was a good place to hang out and to catch-up. ??? on what they did.

My Verizon hot spot only worked in the dark mornings. Even my phone wouldn't keep up with messaging.

Maybe next year we need to blast Verizon for some temp towers??

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
true. The only area that has issues is the lakebed, signal is blocked by the mtn. Climb out of the lakebed and your good.