Wrecking Ball

+ New Trail
^ New to the race

Toyo Desert Challenge

Saturday Limited Class

33 Mile Prologue

Time carries to Main Race

Rerack across class

Time Penalty assessed to Max Finisher time for DNF of Prologue, may continue racing.

Main Race starts 1 hour after last finisher of Prolouge

Two 84 Mile Laps (If you want more, we can give you more)

1 Remote Pit

1 Main Pit

No Chase Race

201 Total Miles but can add 33 or 84 mile lap if you want it.

Sunday Unlimited Race

33 Mile Prologue

Time carries to Main Race

Rerack across class

Two 84 Mile Laps

One 50 Mile Lap

251 Total Miles

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Last year it was about 300 miles for us T2 guys and it was the roughest hardest race course most people had raced. So be careful what you ask for.

I remember Terry Householder Mesa interview and he said it was the roughest course he could remember racing and that guy has raced a lot of courses in the states and Baja.

Connor and Carson said it was way worse than last years Mint400 by far.

Make the course 283 plus 33 prologue for Limited and I bet only 30-40% finish.

I think you want to find a balance between making it tough but easy enough for over 60% finishing rate.

Mike

Bro-Dozer Motorsports

RDC Crypto
Will the prologue be a separate course or a modified version of one of the loops?

Just to confirm I am reading this properly, the unlimited race is the same as the limited? prologue in the AM, 1hr break/rerack then start the race?

Are we allowed to fuel and work on the vehicles between the prologue and the start?

Mjrmefire3

RDC Crypto
I thought it was super technical, but not the toughest/roughest race. I think that adding even the prologue again during the race would be good. 250 miles plus is a good amount

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
I remember " " interview and he said it was the roughest course he could remember racing and that guy has raced a lot of courses in the states and Baja.
As is said by almost every veteran racer about every course in all interviews....

It was a blast! Smooth, fast, and an easy cake walk doesn't add the the stoke much

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
I thought it was super technical, but not the toughest/roughest race. I think that adding even the prologue again during the race would be good. 250 miles plus is a good amount

Yeah, 3 laps of the 84 seems about right.

+ Qualy lap.

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
As is said by almost every veteran racer about every course in all interviews....

It was a blast! Smooth, fast, and an easy cake walk doesn't add the the stoke much

Haha good point. That does happen.

But I am telling you this was different.

I do think part of the issue was that it rained during the pre run that made sharp edges.

But Connor my said said again this was by far the hardest. Even worse than San Felipe which is known for being rough.

I just think it’s a bad idea to make unlimited smaller vehicles go that long on this course. I know it’s macho and sounds cool but it’s just a bad idea.

That hill climb that Dave is talking about is no joke and making small 2WD vehicles go up that twice would be crazy.

Mike

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
Might have been on turkey claw yesterday but sounds like our Lasernut buddy has been breaking in some new stuff.
9F06D0AE-8070-4E2D-A472-75293F664942.jpeg
8AABE271-15A5-48FF-AC7A-650D0950D45E.jpeg
9F06D0AE-8070-4E2D-A472-75293F664942.jpeg
8AABE271-15A5-48FF-AC7A-650D0950D45E.jpeg

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
I don’t think you guys fully understand Dave’s idea of a good time.
I have a feeling, (I’m probably wrong) that he’d call it a perfect race if everyone had downtime and 5 trucks finished.
This is the King of the Hammers week after all, it ain’t known for being easy.
Personally I’d take what he’s serving up and no way I’d ask for more.

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
I don’t think you guys fully understand Dave’s idea of a good time.
I have a feeling, (I’m probably wrong) that he’d call it a perfect race if everyone had downtime and 5 trucks finished.
This is the King of the Hammers week after all, it ain’t known for being easy.
Personally I’d take what he’s serving up and no way I’d ask for more.

haha thats a good point. It was pretty rugged last year but I was also a rookie driver.

Haha good point. That does happen.

But I am telling you this was different.

I do think part of the issue was that it rained during the pre run that made sharp edges.

But Connor my said said again this was by far the hardest. Even worse than San Felipe which is known for being rough.

I just think it’s a bad idea to make unlimited smaller vehicles go that long on this course. I know it’s macho and sounds cool but it’s just a bad idea.

That hill climb that Dave is talking about is no joke and making small 2WD vehicles go up that twice would be crazy.

Mike

What hill climb ? The qualy loop backwards out of hammer town? holy fook.

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Last year it was about 300 miles for us T2 guys and it was the roughest hardest race course most people had raced. So be careful what you ask for.

I remember Terry Householder Mesa interview and he said it was the roughest course he could remember racing and that guy has raced a lot of courses in the states and Baja.

Connor and Carson said it was way worse than last years Mint400 by far.

Make the course 283 plus 33 prologue for Limited and I bet only 30-40% finish.

I think you want to find a balance between making it tough but easy enough for over 60% finishing rate.

Mike

Lets not forget that 69% ( giggity ) of racers finished a 1227 mile baja 1000 this year. Course was not easy or smooth. So lets keep that in perspective.

cwarren

RDC Crypto
I vote more miles. 200 is very short. How is starting order for the prologue determined both class order as well as in class order? And will classes be mixed after prologue? Also, will we be starting by time gap that we finished after the prologue or will it be by a standard minute or two minute gap? Could make keeping track of splits and times in race pretty tricky.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Lets not forget that 69% ( giggity ) of racers finished a 1227 mile baja 1000 this year. Course was not easy or smooth. So lets keep that in perspective.

I bet if you looked at the race vehicles after the B1K and compared to the ones that finished last year KOH you would be surprised. My guess is the ones form KOH would have more damage. B1K would be dirty but not as many bent or banged up metal parts.

Not trying to take away from the B1K finishers as that is huge. But I hear from many that it was the fastest smoothest B1K Peninsula run they could remember.

But like Nimrod said. I don't think I would question what Dave is offering. He knows exactly what he is doing and he errors on the sadistic side. SF250 is one of the shortest races in Baja and known as the toughest. So miles do not mean everything.

Personally I could care less. Haha make it 400 miles for Limited racers. The one guy that goes super slow and finishes will deserve his win.

Mike

EasyE

RDC Crypto
I bet if you looked at the race vehicles after the B1K and compared to the ones that finished last year KOH you would be surprised. My guess is the ones form KOH would have more damage. B1K would be dirty but not as many bent or banged up metal parts.

Not trying to take away from the B1K finishers as that is huge. But I hear from many that it was the fastest smoothest B1K Peninsula run they could remember.

But like Nimrod said. I don't think I would question what Dave is offering. He knows exactly what he is doing and he errors on the sadistic side. SF250 is one of the shortest races in Baja and known as the toughest. So miles do not mean everything.

Personally I could care less. Haha make it 400 miles for Limited racers. The one guy that goes super slow and finishes will deserve his win.

Mike
Here come the course comparisons again.. 🤦🏻‍♂️

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
haha thats a good point. It was pretty rugged last year but I was also a rookie driver.

What hill climb ? The qualy loop backwards out of hammer town? holy fook.

I am talking about the hill climb on the back smaller loop out east. I personally did not see it but the boys still to this day say they have no idea how anyone got up that.

I think the hill to the left of hammer town as you look north is Hearbreak ridge. We came down that in qualifying last year. For us it lived up to its name as we got a flat coming down in qualifying last year.

Really one of the main challenges with this course is the blind crest you go over with huge rocks on the other side. What we need is a race truck drone that comes out and shows you the other side before you go over it. Most of our truck damage come from these obstacles.

We replaced more bent tubes after last years KOH race than we have done in the 3 years we have raced our truck.

Mike