KOH Course Details

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Why are we even debating class 10 vs 6100 lol. One is a 100-150K car and one is a 200-500K truck. One has 500+hp and 3 feet of travel, of course its going to smoke the class 10 cars at any race with distance.

Oh now you did it. Haha those are fighting words around here.

And funny one on us being last in the prologue. Haha I did actually laugh out loud at that. Then transitioned to crying. 😭

Mike

Advertising supports this site

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
Tech is in line when you go to qualify.

Yes you can put fuel in your car after Prologue

You do need a USAC Hot Pit Pass to be in the pits.

It costs 5 bucks (in addition to event ticket) and provides legal and medical insurance.

Yes you can bring your trailer in, but I would count on 2 hours from the hwy until you are in the pits on race morning.
Hell yeah Dave. Thank you for the insight.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Mic drop? How about the 2 bottle necks that every class 10 sat for for hours caused by a donkey truck. Explain that one? No one here is saying a spec truck shouldn’t beat a 10 car. Sometimes however, that’s not the case but most of the time it is. They are rarely ever apples to apples because the classes never start together. One is in front of the other or they are on different days. And saying “the fast guys weren’t at the mint” who are you to say that? How many races has Brent Fox won in the last year? A lot.

The times would be much closer than most people would like to believe if we started together.

Totally agree. And fox is crazy fast and wins a lot of races. I was saying there was not a lot of Fox level 6100 at the Mint this year. It was a lighter field.

I know this because I go over the entry list and research everyone and know who is fast and who isn’t. I bet I obsess about 6100 more than anyone.

I think we can all agree Class 10 is fast but on average 6100 is faster. Especially since the upgrades. Can a outlier like you beat most of the 6100, absolutely.

But you take the top 3 from each group and the 6100 is faster.

Mike

ltr450rider

RDC Crypto
Why are we even debating class 10 vs 6100 lol. One is a 100-150K car and one is a 200-500K truck. One has 500+hp and 3 feet of travel, of course its going to smoke the class 10 cars at any race with distance.
This is fact check-able, but I neither have the time nor the patience. I am sure if someone wanted to go through and compare times from Rage and other races that this would disprove that statement.

The RPI class 10 car beat every 6100 truck and Class 1 car at a peninsula run B1000 for arguments sake.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
2021 B1K Peninsula run

Our very own Hagle was the first class 10 to finish at 26:58, congrats again BTW. The first TTspec was 23:12. That’s almost 4 hours difference. With 7 TTspecs finishing before the 1st C10.

Mike

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
2021 B1K Peninsula run

Our very own Hagle was the first class 10 to finish at 26:58, congrats again BTW. The first TTspec was 23:12. That’s almost 4 hours difference. With 7 TTspecs finishing before the 1st C10.

Mike

Can we go back to KOH course details now?

This is your thread to run amuck in...https://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/6100-ttspec-t2-baja-truck-only-thread.133696/

jalpha5

RDC Crypto
2021 B1K Peninsula run

Mike
Give him 5 minutes credit for every vehicle he had to pass.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Put the same guy in a spec truck and then a class 10 and he’ll be faster in the truck. End of story. There’s plenty of slow guys in spec trucks though, as well as class 10.

When we get a spec truck next year I’m coming for you Mike, get a target for your rear bumper.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Ok back on topic. Sorry. Haha

I am a sucker for a argument.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Put the same guy in a spec truck and then a class 10 and he’ll be faster in the truck. End of story. There’s plenty of slow guys in spec trucks though, as well as class 10.

When we get a spec truck next year I’m coming for you Mike, get a target for your rear bumper.

Why would you want to beat us? You need to set
Your goals higher. Haha we are cannon fodder behind all the Herbst and Geiser trucks.

Plus if you are coming for us we already beat you at some level.

Mike

turbodon

RDC Crypto
Hi Mr. Pyle,
Last one, I promise:

It appears you're really reaching for straws after I posted the 12 minute average spread for top5 B2 vs T2 which was almost identical to the P1 T2 vs P2 T2 spread.

I see that in response to that, you used you own prior argument against yourself which was your quote:
"I know it’s hard for some to grasp the big picture. Way easier to pick the data points that prove your belief system. That’s the American way now."

So now using this method you've found a race where there was a 4 hour spread against the 2, lol.
OK, so that's great and all. I truly do believe a T2 is faster and better than a B2, but that you're WAY off base saying the 2 are "But yeah it’s not even close. The days of class 10 being close to 6100 in a true desert course are long gone." WRONG

Quick example: In April 2021 MORE had a 192 mile desert race out in Barstow. Class 10 and 6100 in the same race.
1013 AJ Martin set fast lap at 32:32 for cl10
6192 Jason Coleman set fast lap at 33:19 for cl6100

Class 10 P1 1064 Justin Buckley, total time 4hr 15min
Class 6100 6192 Jason Coleman, total time 4hr 11min

Pyle, would you not consider this close? A 4 minute spread in an almost 200 mile Barstow race? These Coleman guys are no slouch either. I believe they're in an almost new Herbst truck and recently won their class in the Baja1000?

I'll be watching the times closely this year. If they're way off I'll eat crow. If they're close I'm gonna harass you guys for a T2 B2 grudge match 2023.

OK, then. Back to the wrenches, lots of prep to get knocked out for the 🔨🔨's. See you guys there!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Turbodon

Thanks for that data point. I need to adjust my competitive score for Coleman. Maybe he is not as fast as I thought. Haha I guess I over weighted him based on his Herbst truck.

Edit- I don’t know Jason Coleman and I am sure he is a great guy. Not trying to hate on him. But fact is all wins are not created equal. If I go to a small race and win in 6100 but only beat a Class 10 by a couple minutes is that the same as someone winning Baja500 and beating class 10 by hours? No it’s not.

There are weights and variables in all wins or finishes. When we evaluate other racers we take things like this into consideration. Just the way it is.

Mike

Last edited:

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
but, it all depends on the terrain, right??( this move in motorsport is called the 'set-up'😉

Attachments

• 1ninetymiles6v-Hu-R1urlrpuo1-400.gif
    1ninetymiles6v-Hu-R1urlrpuo1-400.gif
    569.9 KB · Views: 0

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
This is fact check-able, but I neither have the time nor the patience. I am sure if someone wanted to go through and compare times from Rage and other races that this would disprove that statement.

The RPI class 10 car beat every 6100 truck and Class 1 car at a peninsula run B1000 for arguments sake.
Uh ya. the 6100 are faster, end of story!!

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
This really is simple...
2021 B1K Peninsula run

Mike

Also had 40 minutes of VCP penalties, so there's that.