• Forum membership has its advantages....

KOH Stock Class 4600

Dirty Harry

I'm not sure that any Tundras race to be honest. They are pretty wide and long to fit through the Hammers. Short wheelbase, solid axle Jeeps have been the most successful in 4600 (the Currie Enterprises/Savvy team in particular) and Matt Pedersen won in the past in a V8 Grand Cherokee WJ. For Toyotas, there are some first gen 4Runners and older solid axle pickups that race and have done well.

I am navigating in 4600 this year in a Roxor with portal axles. We'll see how that goes!

Bert is my name

Most pickups have too much rear overhang to navigate those trails in stockish form. More than likely you would be dragging scrap metal after the first obstacle. Look into the k.o.h. everyman challenge. More of a run what you brung class.

51rcr

I'm not sure that any Tundras race to be honest. They are pretty wide and long to fit through the Hammers. Short wheelbase, solid axle Jeeps have been the most successful in 4600 (the Currie Enterprises/Savvy team in particular) and Matt Pedersen won in the past in a V8 Grand Cherokee WJ. For Toyotas, there are some first gen 4Runners and older solid axle pickups that race and have done well.

I am navigating in 4600 this year in a Roxor with portal axles. We'll see how that goes!
sounds like that will be interesting rig in itself.

Dirty Harry

Most pickups have too much rear overhang to navigate those trails in stockish form. More than likely you would be dragging scrap metal after the first obstacle. Look into the k.o.h. everyman challenge. More of a run what you brung class.
The 4600 Class is part of the Every Man Challenge.

Dirty Harry

Thanks. Wasn't sure of the classes for koh.
It does get a little confusing because there are multiple days of racing and multiple classes. The UTVs have their own race, and 4400 (the unlimited class) has their own race. But the Every Man Challenge has 4500 (Modified Class- mechanical steering, maximum 37" DOT tire, some factory frame rail and sheetmetal remaining), 4600 (Stock Class- max 35" DOT tire, original suspension configuration such as IFS or leaf springs or coils, full body), and 4800 (Legends Class- single shock per corner, max 37" tire).