KOH & Toyo Tires Invitational - Volunteers Needed!

Simon_S

Hi Everybody,

It’s that time of year again!

We are once again looking for volunteers for the 2019 Nitto King Of The Hammers, including the Toyo Tires Desert Invitational, which is shaping up to be the biggest and best KOH yet.

Volunteering at KOH gives you unparalleled access to the race course, a better understanding of what unfolds throughout the race through race-ops, and the chance to ‘be part of it’. You can volunteer for an afternoon, a day or even all week as we have plenty of jobs to go around!

It can be a long day out on the course, but hopefully you’ll find it enjoyable and rewarding. As a thank you we have exclusive t shirts, entry to the best raffle in offroad (where you could win anything from a hat to a set of tires or a complete axle) and on-and offsite discounts with KOH vendors and sponsors.

The schedule for this year’s race week is:

Friday 2/1- Hammertown Opens
Saturday 2/2- UTV Qualifying
Sunday 2/3- UTV Race
Monday 2/4 - 4500/4600/4800 Qualifying & Monday Night Shootout
Tuesday 2/5 – 4400 Qualifying
Wednesday 2/6 - Every Man Challenge Race (EMC)
Thursday 2/7 - Toyo Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy
Friday 2/8 - Nitto King of The Hammers Race Powered by Optima Batteries (KOH)

We will need volunteers throughout the week for a number of different tasks, so any and all availability to volunteer is welcomed.

If you wish to sign up for volunteering please fill out the linked form:

Volunteers

Please read as this part is different from previous years: *If you are part of a group that is volunteering please elect one person to act as the group leader to help me avoid doubling up assignments. Everyone in the group should fill out the form to receive communication from me, the group leader is for assignment purposes only.*

I can answer any questions you might have if you email us at [email protected]

**Please email me rather than PM on here so we can keep track of inquiries in one place.**

If you’re already planning on coming to KOH, why not help out and make the most of your trip?

Thanks, Simon Saines

aburruss

If anyone of you are solo and are interested in being part of a group doing recovery, you can let me know. I've got a group that's going to be working recovery (assisting and extracting broken/stuck/crashed vehicles during the EMC (Wednesday) and Main KOH (Friday) events). We've done this for 6 years now, and it's always a blast. We'll get assigned to be in a rock canyon somewhere that will be a point where they'll likely need assistance. As Hurleygo3 says, it's the best seat in the house, and hopefully, we get to have some action with drivers and rigs who need assistance* (*NOTE: we're not helping people who don't know how to drive, or can't make it through the rocks.. we're helping with safety, and preventing someone from becoming a trail plug during the race).

If you're interested in working recovery with me (or with another group), you'll need to have a vehicle that's capable of getting through the rock canyons to the points where we will be setup. No, your stock cherokee on 30's probably isn't the right RECOVERY rig... but the KOH team can still use you for other volunteer tasks that will get you right in the action.

Send me a message if you're interested in teaming up with us.

Simon_S

If anyone of you are solo and are interested in being part of a group doing recovery, you can let me know. I've got a group that's going to be working recovery (assisting and extracting broken/stuck/crashed vehicles during the EMC (Wednesday) and Main KOH (Friday) events). We've done this for 6 years now, and it's always a blast. We'll get assigned to be in a rock canyon somewhere that will be a point where they'll likely need assistance. As Hurleygo3 says, it's the best seat in the house, and hopefully, we get to have some action with drivers and rigs who need assistance* (*NOTE: we're not helping people who don't know how to drive, or can't make it through the rocks.. we're helping with safety, and preventing someone from becoming a trail plug during the race).

If you're interested in working recovery with me (or with another group), you'll need to have a vehicle that's capable of getting through the rock canyons to the points where we will be setup. No, your stock cherokee on 30's probably isn't the right RECOVERY rig... but the KOH team can still use you for other volunteer tasks that will get you right in the action.

Send me a message if you're interested in teaming up with us.
Thanks for volunteering so much over the years, very appreciated.