Kotd map is up

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Nice!, thanks for posting it up.

dAdDy'S GiRl

Reaction
scared to start? I start them all!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just giving sam a chance to enjoy the course before it gets beat up. Im such a nice g/f :)

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
is that long stretch on the far West of the course gypsum road?

LukeMcMillin

Reaction
Looks fun. And yea that is Gypsums but we are running down it like at the 08 night race! Glad their are a lot of entries, it will be a fun one. Also a perfect time to release the map in my opinion.

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
Looks fun. And yea that is Gypsums but we are running down it like at the 08 night race! Glad their are a lot of entries, it will be a fun one. Also a perfect time to release the map IMO.
go to bed Luke!! haha nevermind i should too

Porboy

Reaction
Gypsum Rd., what a surprise:rolleyes:

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
Jason best of luck this weekend. you got mail. Dennis

BW1672

Reaction
first time in mine nine car, no seat time, can not wait, looks like a fun course.

dAdDy'S GiRl

Reaction
Gypsum Rd., what a surprise:rolleyes:
Honestly the first time I had to race down gypsum I was scared **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME**less b/c of all the talk. Ya its rough and there are NO good lines (within boundaries :) ) but at the right pace (for some this is very fast) I feel like its not that bad. Its not freeway like over on the east side, but allows for separation within classes ( and some of the fast guys to break :) ). just my opinion

but then again I've never had to drive an 11 car down gypsum, that might change my point of view - so much respect for those guys & gals

Porboy

Reaction
Driving an 11 car down Gypsum is not bad at all. Just get in the rhythm and don't do anything stupid just like in other classes. I just wish the variety in courses was greater. It is one reason we don't race the Plaster City series as much any more. After a few races it almost feels like NASCAR going round and round over the same course.

LSL_RACING

Reaction
is that long stretch on the far West of the course gypsum road?
The bottom half(south side) is not gypsum. It runs on gypsum after the first notch.

As far as running the same sections, this course has several sections that havent been ran in awhile.
Thanks to all the MDR teams for their donations to the survey fund, I was out there Thursday scouting out new area's and ran into the survey crew. They had just finished walking the new survey routes, so this will add 13-14 brand new race miles to the night race. We are only waiting on their reports to be filed and for BLM approval. So once again, special thanks to all the race teams!

Last edited:

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Any idea when or if a GPS file of the race course will be posted before the race?

JAM 1600

Reaction
Any idea when or if a GPS file of the race course will be posted before the race?
MDR's website says that BLM is to approve it today and as soon as they do it will be posted ! I would say look for it either later today or first thing tomorrow !;)

H-C-W-T

Reaction
Driving an 11 car down Gypsum is not bad at all. Just get in the rhythm and don't do anything stupid just like in other classes. I just wish the variety in courses was greater. It is one reason we don't race the Plaster City series as much any more. After a few races it almost feels like NASCAR going round and round over the same course.

While im not speaking for MDR im sure they are doing all that they can to make a new course for us to race as often as they can. Restrictions put in place by the BLM really have their hands tied on areas we can race in. I know for fact patricia and her crew have been working on the course all week out in the desert through this heat wave to make sure we have a new and excieting course for the race pre approved by the BLM before race weekened so there are less problems with course changes, markings, and that the race goes off smoothly! Point being dont give up on MDR just yet they are giving 100% effort into improving the races in our local deserts

Porboy

Reaction
I wasn't bagging on MDR. I personally love racing at Plaster City. Just that we need some new routes. I know there are tons of restrictions placed on them. When we raced behind superstition a few years ago for the first time in a long while that was great. I actually hated that section but it was cool to get out and race an area that hadn't been raced in a while. I am not going anywhere. Looking forward to the race this weekend.