• Forum membership has its advantages....

Kreisler Raceco's-where r they now?

chickenlips

Have ALL old past competitive class 1 and class 2 Raceco race cars been "Retired" and are pre-runners now, or have they been demoted to class 12?. Seems they have all but disappeared. Who owns them, Where are they now? Trying to do a Raceco North American - Raceco USA family tree starting with Kreisler himself. Thanks for any input. Lot's of past winning history for sure.

jsallenbach

Letner's Blackie is currently in Vegas, the prerunner/sister car races local MORE races with a guy named Barnes. Our old class 10 car belongs to my uncle's brother and is currently in storage in fontana. The Raceco 12 car in the classifieds is the old wayne withers class 10 toyota car. Krieslers car he turned into a four seat prerunner and still has it last i heard. The blue and yellow coilover car that is in australia used to belong to the Mcbride family then Gary Hymes ownded it then went to Australia. I know that raceco built several cars that went to South Africa. The Temples class 1 Raceco built originally in the early 90's with A-arms and they still own it. Other then those not to sure about any others.

oldman dirt

Temples other RACECO car (10) is owned by Rick Greene.
What ever happened to the McBride tandem car ????? Anyone know---

Fourstroker

Last I heard the former Bob Shepard, Vazquez Brothers, Bald Eagle Racing single seater was in CO getting rebuilt. Havent heard from the new owner in a while.

Greg Crew has an 83 2 seater last raced for the last 8-10 years at MORE, MDR and SNORE events. Some in class 12 but mostly in Sportsman. I think its last race was the SNORE 250 last year and Greg is taking a year off from desert racing. I have about 2000 miles in the right seat of that car including a finish at the '05 B1K in class 12.

jsallenbach

Temples other RACECO car (10) is owned by Rick Greene.
What ever happened to the McBride tandem car ????? Anyone know---
Matt (mcbride) didn't really have that car that long maybe a year or 2 at the most, as they got a new car everyother year. And has no idea where it went to.

chickenlips

There were so many more. Bolins 10, Greenways 10, Kochs had like 5 it seems, Mark Broneau? 10, Symonds 2, Sumners 2 and 2-1600,Sourapas 10, Ritchey 2,...

PALAPABOY

Bajalite Win Streak Killer
Also Jerry Penhall had a class two and he sold it to someone in Mexico that made plastic bottles. Scott Flamson had a class two pre runner but thats when ones and twos raced alone.How time has changed.Someone needs to ask David Kreisler to come out to a race it would be great to bs with him .

jsallenbach

Also Jerry Penhall had a class two and he sold it to someone in Mexico that made plastic bottles. Scott Flamson had a class two pre runner but thats when ones and twos raced alone.How time has changed.Someone needs to ask David Kreisler to come out to a race it would be great to bs with him .
He has stories for days, very interesting to here them all.

JCampbell

"1" time champ
AWESOME THREAD!!!!!!!!!! Whoever has old pics please feel free to post them on Raceco-USA facebook wall and make sure u LIKE it as well

chickenlips

Also, Marty Reider 10 car too. At one time in early 80's, almost every buggy class champ, 2nd and 3rd was a RACECO if I remember correctly.
Jamie, we want to be able to say..." Where r all the old RACECO-USA cars" in 20 more years. If anyone is looking for a great fab guy, please go visit Raceco, CLEAN shop, quality work, great guy.

That Bean 2-1600 is looking MIGHTY good. Lastly, Where is my new and improved 2011 Raceco-USA steeker?

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Also, Marty Reider 10 car too. At one time in early 80's, almost every buggy class champ, 2nd and 3rd was a RACECO if I remember correctly.
Jamie, we want to be able to say..." Where r all the old RACECO-USA cars" in 20 more years. If anyone is looking for a great fab guy, please go visit Raceco, CLEAN shop, quality work, great guy.

That Bean 2-1600 is looking MIGHTY good. Lastly, Where is my new and improved 2011 Raceco-USA steeker?
I got STEEKERS,u should of asked. We got T-shirts as well !

chickenlips

...To busy looking at all the cool things to build stuff with... besides, I need a new RACECO to put it on anyway.
I have some great pics of our old 2 car and 1600 i will bring by. Thanks Jamie. You are doin an awesome job.\m/

desert rat 2

The Barnes car, racing Class 12 or 10 depending on entry numbers in MORE series actually won the last MORE day race in Class 10. Didn't race the night race, but will be racing the next race at Lucerne. Finished 3rd or 4th OA if I recall correctly. First race out for Barnes broke the rear suspension mounts, they were original, old and crusty. Replaced rear suspension, eliminated the torsion and went with a more modern setup. Front suspension mounts are still original, although required some major surgery after Class 1 car landed on the front end while trying to pass. It's always nice to see a 30 year old car beating the newer stuff.....

chickenlips

Kreisler might have been a train wreck back then, but built way quality product. We crushed our 1600 car at races and still won without breaking. Barely had stress cracks. Great reliability.

lkrfn007

McDonnells had three raceco's.............one with the forward-thinking roller ramp secondary instead of torsion bars, a class 10 car at the time.....pictures to follow, cant post them from my album on my profile

Last edited:

lkrfn007

Oh ya, actually 4, how could I forget one of the first, if not the first A-arm class 1 cars......which tim mcdonnell piloted to an overall down in plaster city......

Attachments