Kreisler Raceco's-where r they now?

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
I just picked up this Raceco from an insurance auction. Looks like it was the one in the fire that prepbyhelton posted.
Anybody have any info on the car and/or it’s history?
Also looking for body pieces for it.
May I ask how much you won it for at the auction?

M_McBride

RDC Crypto
Looks to be pretty dang similar. The fat motor and JG trans checks out too
IMG_0002.JPG

Advertising supports this site

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Looks to be pretty dang similar. The fat motor and JG trans checks out too
View attachment 243384
When first, the car had a 3 liter type 1 ARPM motor and was white with some brown stripes. No coilovers on the front. Car was huge back then and was fast- Like 2 hour 100 mile lap at the old Mint courses out of the Speedrome. It was a beautiful car, right up there with the Goodwin Coca-Cola car

speedfun

RDC Crypto
I bought Bill Church's Class 10 RaceCo with a buddy back then, later sold it to George Erl (Up-Tite Husqvarna) after we learned running into boulders and walls made it too expensive for us.

Sweet ride. Wish I never sold it.

The Church's won Baja 1000 in Class 10 in 1987, not 100% positive but I think it was the very same RaceCo.
I was the car chief for Bill when he won the class 10 championship in 87

speedfun

RDC Crypto
This was a kinda Racco? It was called the 7 day car that Dave K. and a few other guys built in a 7 day snow storm (hehehe) before Mickeys Riverside race that -Danny ( Harleys Dad ) I was told drove at Riversides off road championships in Class 1, Then It was a Mazda RX7 Ultra Stock in the Mickey shows for a few years and then I bought it -- I raced it for a few years till I traded for a X Eric Aras Magnum that was the 2nd Magnum built for Jim Greenway then Frank Arciero had it then Eric Arras-then me-- great car till I destroyed that car in a Crandon first turn crash.. 9 times end for end side by side ended up on the other side of the track -- what a RUSH!! and walked away (again)

Attachments

• KIMG1778.jpg
    KIMG1778.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1174928_544270502306248_898019128_n.jpg
    1174928_544270502306248_898019128_n.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 0

DBradley810

RDC Crypto
My dad and grandpa had two matching Racecos in the early 90s. I believe they were both sold to Todd Clements at Wide Open Baja in the late 90s. I remember being at the SNORE 250 in Pabco, maybe 2007ish, and we were looking at Garfield Davies class 12 car. My dad noticed that the back-half of her car, was his old Raceco, but the rest was cut up.
I also know that one of the Meyers has an old Raceco as a prerunner, with a v8 and automatic. Took pictures of it at the SNORE Beatty race a few years back. Would love to have that car and restore it back like my dads class 1 with a Type 4 and Hewland combo 🤘🏼

M_McBride

RDC Crypto
When first, the car had a 3 liter type 1 ARPM motor and was white with some brown stripes. No coilovers on the front. Car was huge back then and was fast- Like 2 hour 100 mile lap at the old Mint courses out of the Speedrome. It was a beautiful car, right up there with the Goodwin Coca-Cola car
Yeah after sending that I realized they had a different motor in it back then. Probably different trans too. I think this car was featured in Hot VWs in 84

Attachments

• McBride 2014838.JPG
    McBride 2014838.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

DBradley810

RDC Crypto
That pic of car #109 has me confused.
Haha Steering Shaft or the rack broke, can’t remember which. Our buddy Jack Bassett is on the hood holding the rack with a pair of vice grips, while my dad is holding the hood on the roof and running the pedals. Want to say they went quite a ways like that and finished top 3 overall. I’ve heard the story 10,000 times but can’t remember of course. Couldn’t imagine the fit that organizations would throw if this happened now days 🤣

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Yeah after sending that I realized they had a different motor in it back then. Probably different trans too. I think this car was featured in Hot VWs in 84
VW trends- 3 liter type 1 ARPM motor through a Hewland 5 speed that powered the steering as well. Very well thought out car.

Darinn

RDC Crypto
Looks like this car belonged to Mike Withers at some point. I looked on trackside and saw a Raceco single seater but not this one. Anyone have any info?

docramo

RDC Crypto
I bought the Mike Withers single seat Raceco out of his dads estate sale. Restored it for the 2018 NORRA 1000 and finished 3rd in class. This car #54, was sold and won it’s class in NORRA 1000 of 2021.

Darinn

RDC Crypto
Was Mikes dad Wayne?
You didn’t happen to see the body for this 2 seater did you? I’m wondering if it might be sitting in someone’s garage or shop.
BJ Butcher has molds that he said I can use for the side pods but I still need a hood and nose.