• Forum membership has its advantages....

Kreisler Raceco's-where r they now?

jsallenbach

2,000...? Seriously.? I remember at Parker '83 ,'84 Kreisler pulled up with a brand new 2 car PUMPIN with tunes. Big speakers and stereo from Alpine. Could here it over the motor revving. What about the Arras? Snook class 1.. I was talking to the head fabricator that work there since the beginning and he wages they built thousands of cars and quite a he's went to Australia that car I believe letners bought And used as a prerunner. Arras car was bought by Chad cummings recently.

jsallenbach

I take back the 2000 but i know they built a lot and i mean a lot of cars during the time they where open from 81 till 94

Bro_Gill

I know that the first RCR raceco that became a prerunner was sold and went up north to run in VORRA by the Hinz Brothers, then got sold and got a aluminum V8 and was for sale a few years ago in Dusty Times. Don't kno wwhat happened to the middle car, but I believe the last RCR car went to Australia. There are still Raceco chassis out there. Saw a pic a while back of a guy down in the Imperial Valley area that had lots of old VW cars and buggies, and up on top of a shipping container in the vackground was a Raceco Single seat chassis, bare. Tried to find out exactly where that place is, but failed so far.

Hodgini

I bought Bill Church's Class 10 RaceCo with a buddy back then, later sold it to George Erl (Up-Tite Husqvarna) after we learned running into boulders and walls made it too expensive for us.

Sweet ride. Wish I never sold it.

The Church's won Baja 1000 in Class 10 in 1987, not 100% positive but I think it was the very same RaceCo.

MCM MOTORSPORTS

The car nev taylor mentioned testing in barstow with the zackas and wilsons. I think mike stapleton converted it to a arms after winning the championship. Still remember everyone in Australia saying A arms will never work. Car was bought from wilsons by Brad Zacka then sold later to nev taylor.

Attachments

nev taylor

Oh ya, actually 4, how could I forget one of the first, if not the first A-arm class 1 cars......which tim mcdonnell piloted to an overall down in plaster city......
i have the ex wilson kuster raceco here in australia. i thought that was the first a arm car it was a 1600 toyota powered car which mike stapelton did in the late 80s or early 90s for the wilsons. hopefully it is my next project to bring back to its glory

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Herders first car was one of the RCR's, sold to into S Africa as I recall.

These cars should be hanging in shops, they should be restored and raced in the NORRA 1000.

It sounds corny, but these cars shaped many lives over the years, they all have story's that should be told.

I know that the first RCR raceco that became a prerunner was sold and went up north to run in VORRA by the Hinz Brothers, then got sold and got a aluminum V8 and was for sale a few years ago in Dusty Times. Don't kno wwhat happened to the middle car, but I believe the last RCR car went to Australia. There are still Raceco chassis out there. Saw a pic a while back of a guy down in the Imperial Valley area that had lots of old VW cars and buggies, and up on top of a shipping container in the vackground was a Raceco Single seat chassis, bare. Tried to find out exactly where that place is, but failed so far.

tapeworm

The only change to this Raceco has been a swap from 3 Kyb's in the back to 2 Fox's instead. From What I've gathered this car was built as it sits back in 80 or 81.

314271_2320409618678_7555228_n.jpg 425051_3329983897404_1664450708_n.jpg 528712_4350753376003_949218642_n.jpg

Bdub 1020

I believe the Martin Brothers still have theirs with the Pontiac engine. Man we are old. I know Steve was talking about cutting out a recessed square in his living room and putting it in there and glass over the top so you could look down and see it. We always joke about.

transaxleMat

photo.JPG

I bought this '85 Raceco from a guy named Steve Wright who was the second owner and raced it as a 10 car with a vw/ hewland set up. Before he owned it, it was the Coca Cola car ("Gas It" Goodwin) back when it first raced the Mint in '85. It has since been updated to coilover and bypasses, and I hope to have it ready to race sportsman BAP next year.

Attachments

offroadracer516

View attachment 152875
I bought this '85 Raceco from a guy named Steve Wright who was the second owner and raced it as a 10 car with a vw/ hewland set up. Before he owned it, it was the Coca Cola car ("Gas It" Goodwin) back when it first raced the Mint in '85. It has since been updated to coilover and bypasses, and I hope to have it ready to race sportsman BAP next year.
You are one lucky guy. Those cars are bad ass. A little work and it could run up front in class 12 :)

Rory

Crayola Killer
View attachment 152875
That Coca Cola car was one of my favorite Raceco's....too bad Mike Goodwin owned it which ruined me (Killed Mickey Thompson). It sure was a pretty car back then. Maybe get that thing back together and race it at NORRA with the Coca Cola colors (minus the "Gas It Goodwin")! Very cool car, always wondered where it went, glad it's still in one piece. Do you have the original body too?

transaxleMat

That Coca Cola car was one of my favorite Raceco's....too bad Mike Goodwin owned it which ruined me (Killed Mickey Thompson). It sure was a pretty car back then. Maybe get that thing back together and race it at NORRA with the Coca Cola colors (minus the "Gas It Goodwin")! Very cool car, always wondered where it went, glad it's still in one piece. Do you have the original body too?
Had no idea of that history. Yikes. The car is in good hands though. As for the body panels, it came with what is shown in the top pictures. They are very beat up though and are beyond saving, so that means I will build some new ones.

P.S. Rory great class 2 post in show and tell. Very inspirational for me and my build.

Fourstroker

Bought this single seater in 2006. It was a former Bob Shephard car and lived in Texas before we got it. We sold it in 2009 to Colorado Mike who is still working on rebuilding it. Photos from before we bought it and how we sold it.

Attachments

Bro_Gill

That Goodwin car was really built well with great thought to spares and repair in the field put into the build. Miller and Wright also had a Chenowth that I bought from them in about 1983 that was one of the old McMillin cars. After a little research with Chenowth, I found it it was originally built by Chenowth and Lynne St. James drove it at the 1000 back about 1976 or so, then Corky bought the car from Chenowth as he was putting together a 6 pack of buggies for their racing. I ran the car as a 9 car then sold it to some guys from San Felipe. One of them still has it. That would be a great NORRA car, just have to find a Hewland and a Porsche 6 for it! The Raceco was also raced by Miller and Wright in the Baja Promotions and Fud races back then. That car would be a great Mexico car.