• Forum membership has its advantages....

Kreisler Raceco's-where r they now?

Fourstroker

I bought this from Kevin Martin back in 09. I finished it about a year half ago and just trying to get time to get out and run it.
Thanks for posting up Mike. Its been way too long. Glad you got her done. As Mike mentioned I was the previous owner. We got it from the Vasquez brothers out of Texas and it once belonged to Bob Shephard (Former TT Champ). Now go race that thing and have fun with it. Let me know if come out west for a race. Would love to come help

Rory

Crayola Killer
Very cool, would you happen to have any history on the car?

DOCRACING

SOAZ... great looking car and it after seeing yesterday it run should be in the hunt for podium finish this weekend at SADR Tequila 150!!! Go OLDSCHOOL

Fourstroker

Cool find. Are air shocks legal in 1600? Just curious

Fourstroker

Never seen them before on one that's why I asked

harleys dad

typicle race-co 1600, Neth rear arms! My 3rd Race-co had this shock set up up front when I got the frame in 86, lower the front end down it will work much better and wont push so bad into the corners and wont beat you up. I have doubt your car is a 1988, the new design new look race-co was in full swing in 1988, David didnt tell me he was making te new design till I went to pick mine up and told me he was not making that design anymore. Car looks good, that design will last you a very long time. How much weight did you have to add? Just curius because weight was not really checked in the days your car came from. I had to do all kinds of things to mine to get it to weigh in and I am sure yours is made the same, very lite. We ended up removing that style front end a year or so after I built the car and put standard shock mounts on it. A lot of pros to that design but a lot of cons also. The first race was the Mint 400 and the shock mount race-co put on the top arm came off and the other side was on its way! Best of luck to you!

Last edited:

harleys dad

Dave thanks for the info. Do you have a guess as to the year?
i am guessing 83 -85, there was a ton of them made in that time period, single seat cars were rare if memories serves me rite.. I dont remember that many, most were 2 seaters as far as 1600. I am drawing a blank on names that had 1 , broling or boling had 1, . I remember my 3rd frame costing 1800 bucks with beam and adjuster AND Neth rear arms like yours with rear pivots. All 3 had those rear arms. 2 seat clas was much bigger than 1-1600 was in those days. the front of your car was done after the car was built, i am almost posative about that. jack ramsey was the first to have a front end like yours in the 84ish time period. He was on the cover of Off road action news before dusty times and all kinds of people who had never seen it thought the front end was falling off LOL Bunderson was the first to make it on Rmseys car. Write was the maker of all the front arms and spindles in the 80s for the most part and heat treated the arms very well, shock mounts welded to the top arms had a tendency to come off, I had it happen 3 times and believe me they were not small welds and plated the 3rd time! Today I dont think its a issue, but in the day it was! I know several people who lost shock mounts welded to the top arm. Good luck, win it!