Krx 1000 questions

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
The Kawi krx seems to be very well built. Anyone have any experience with one? Besides the low hp and top end any one have one, thoughts?

NIKAL

Reaction
One of the guys in our group sold his N/A RZR for the KRX. He loves it. Only issue he’s had was a vapor lock where he had to open the gas cap to relive the pressure to restart it after a ride. I think Kawi fixed the issue and he fixed his with an aftermarket vent kit.

It is a little bit sluggish out of the hole compared to the RZR, but some of that is due to the duel CVT/Wet clutch design, and it’s a heavier vehicle. But it actually has more HP then a N/A RZR. I believe it’s top speed is governed lower then the RZR, but it’s only by a few mph. A programmer would fix that. It can crawl way better then an RZR, probably a way better trail machine vs the RZR or any sport machine currently out there. It comes standard at 68 inches wide, which is 4 inches wider then the RZR on 31 tires. The fit & finish is 10X better then a RZR. Full doors, inner door panels, lots of leg room and storage behind the seats. The suspension is much bigger then a RZR, and rides nicer off the showroom floor then a RZR. Overall for the price range it’s in, I’d say it’s the nicest N/A UTV available. Great Plaster City / Johnson Valley / Baja hard pack car, not going to be the top choice for dunes.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
One of the guys in our group sold his N/A RZR for the KRX. He loves it. Only issue he’s had was a vapor lock where he had to open the gas cap to relive the pressure to restart it after a ride. I think Kawi fixed the issue and he fixed his with an aftermarket vent kit.

It is a little bit sluggish out of the hole compared to the RZR, but some of that is due to the duel CVT/Wet clutch design, and it’s a heavier vehicle. But it actually has more HP then a N/A RZR. I believe it’s top speed is governed lower then the RZR, but it’s only by a few mph. A programmer would fix that. It can crawl way better then an RZR, probably a way better trail machine vs the RZR or any sport machine currently out there. It comes standard at 68 inches wide, which is 4 inches wider then the RZR on 31 tires. The fit & finish is 10X better then a RZR. Full doors, inner door panels, lots of leg room and storage behind the seats. The suspension is much bigger then a RZR, and rides nicer off the showroom floor then a RZR. Overall for the price range it’s in, I’d say it’s the nicest N/A UTV available. Great Plaster City / Johnson Valley / Baja hard pack car, not going to be the top choice for dunes.

Thanks! I’m a little worried about keeping up with the big hp X3’s but I dig how well they’re built.
I know peeps do a clutch tune with weights, an ecu tune and seem pretty happy

NIKAL

Reaction
It depends on where you plan on riding. In the dunes, yes you will struggle to keep up with a X3 or Turbo RZR. But on the hard pack or bumps the extra HP does not always equate to being faster, especially when your just play riding and not racing. Our group that goes to PC is a mix of Turbo RZR, N/A RZR, the KRX a RZR4 900 and sometimes a X3max. We all keep up with each other just fine. The dust slows you down more then lack of HP. Also the KRX in the two seat category has a longer WB vs the RZR which makes much smoother in the bumps. And everyone’s top speed is governed anyways, so the turbos just get there faster.

If you tuned the KRX shocks a equal RZR would have a hard time keeping up in the bumps as they have the shorter wheelbase and you can’t fix a shorter wheelbase.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I’m not a dune guy though it seems like a blast it also seems like a place for a lot of hp. Like at least LS3 hp. I’m saving my coins for the krx.
kraftwerks is really close to releasing a bolt on supercharger kit that comes with a complete clutch to handle the extra hp. They say the stock clutch is the biggest limiting factor to adding hp. I’m pretty sure I’d be thrilled with a stock engine and a shock tune and maybe better springs.

Lee Vining

Reaction
Outstanding at Moab with a basically experienced driver.
Don't judge them by a YouTube of a rookie to UTV's driver with a new KRX first time out.