KTM Racing The Baja 1000 In Class 22???????

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Reaction
There's a rumor saying that a well know racing team is gonna help prep a KTM team for the Baja 1000 having A and B Team. KTM Australia is gonna race but how about KTM red bull USA?????

Erick D.

ikikazz73

Reaction
I don't think ktm is sponsored by red bull anymore. Your rumor must be just that, rumors.

RacerX1

Reaction
The Aussies are coming ~ http://www.ktm.com.au/?id=47

Winners of Australia's toughest desert race - the Finke (ask Henge). Ben Grabham and Brad Williscroft plan on racing the 1000. Still unsure of their exact plan but they've been in contact with us several times (and us with KTM and Tim Morton for support).

No KTM US. It's not in the budget and there are no plans for it. KTM US factory riders are now sponsored as Shock Doctor/KTM (not Red Bull and not for a while now).

CORAL'S BELLMAN

Reaction
The Aussies are coming ~ http://www.ktm.com.au/?id=47

Winners of Australia's toughest desert race - the Finke (ask Henge). Ben Grabham and Brad Williscroft plan on racing the 1000. Still unsure of their exact plan but they've been in contact with us several times (and us with KTM and Tim Morton for support).

No KTM US. It's not in the budget and there are no plans for it. KTM US factory riders are now sponsored as Shock Doctor/KTM (not Red Bull and not for a while now).
So someone knows if KTM's David Perarsons and Kamo are racing the 1000??????????

Chase 2

Reaction
I think the new Penhall Kawi team, a non-factory effort, but with "works parts" from the factory, has some people thinking (for what ever reason) that just because there wouldn't be a factory KTM team, it doesn't rule out a non-factory team with factory riders.

At least I think that's what they are getting at....

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I ride Orange but am rooting for Green haha, but I will still root for the AUS team, good luck to all those who are racing!

NewMexican

Reaction
I think the new Penhall Kawi team, a non-factory effort, but with "works parts" from the factory, has some people thinking (for what ever reason) that just because there wouldn't be a factory KTM team, it doesn't rule out a non-factory team with factory riders.

At least I think that's what they are getting at....
Yeah, just a privateer team that Blais has so kindly agreed to share his knowledge with and build their 2009 KTM 530 for the race. The Team already has some fast young guns with a lot of BITD experience and a 'little' Baja experience. The team has their eyes on a few more 'free-lance' guys too (can't afford any hired guns).

Just hoping to make it a more 'color-full' and exciting race!:cool:

redskull

Reaction
im looking to do the 1000 this year.. do they need any more riders? i have a couple bitd #1s and mran #1s

NewMexican

Reaction
im looking to do the 1000 this year.. do they need any more riders? i have a couple bitd #1s and mran #1s
What is MRAN? Is that a church racing league? :D

Just kidding thanks for the IM & contact info! Looks like we might have new guy! :cool:

PS:

Hey does anyone know how to get in touch with Septien or Casas? :confused:
We might lose another one of our guys (work-economy etc).

Have them IM me here (or thumptalk) and send me their contact info please if they are still looking for a ride and interested in this privateer effort.

Thx!

ka