• Forum membership has its advantages....

Kurt Busch suspended indefinitely

bajaherbie

nascar will demand he go to anger management classes if he wants to ever get back behind the wheel....

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
Regan Smith for sure. SHR new this was eventually going to happen. Im just surprised Nascar acted this fast. Reading the reports and the judges ruling is classic. David Jones that found Driscoll's version of what happened inside Busch's motorcoach that evening at Dover International Speedway was more believable than Busch's, saying that his "version of the events is implausible, does not make sense and is unlikely to be true given the totality of the other evidence admitted at trial." The best part is the judge required him to see a shrink.

germancarsonly

is this going to end his nascar career?
Yes, at least for this weekend. His attorneys have filled an appeal and it is being heard right now, 9:00 AM Pacific time. I am guessing NASCAR will toss out his appeal. That probably means he is done for the season at least. I also don't see him getting a ride in another series this year. No Indy 500 this year for him either.

Keep in mind that it wasn't just NASCAR that locked him out, but also SHR and Chevrolet. At this point he is tainted goods and it probably is going to get worse for him. After the ruling yesterday there is a very good chance criminal charges are coming next and or a civil suit.

To me the guy has been a big A...hole for years, maybe since he started racing. He hasn't had many fans for a few years. Surprisingly Gene Haas hired him last year, but they had found very few sponsors for his car. That car is part of a team that won the championship in 2011 and 2014. He didn't sit the world on fire last season with it.

bajaherbie

i believe it was Gene Haas who wanted to put kurt behind the wheel, tony was against it. in house sponsorship basically but Haas can write it off. he has deep pockets, his F1 team comes to mind.

the outlaw is not well liked at all. i have an autographed hero card of the 97 Crown Royal car. a friend got it for me, it was signed the week before or the week of the phoenix race were Kurt got the DUI... i think Rousch released him the monday after the race.

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
Im glad he's gone....ive never been a fan regaurdless of how well he can drive, he's nothing lees than a bogger eating moron in my books , I never knew about the assault until recently and wasnt surprised that he was dumb enough to do it

Chris Tobin

Kurt deserved what he got, my only surprise was that NASCAR took so long to react. With the current climate on domestic violence they took WAY too long to react in my opinion. I think Kurt will never be back in a NASCAR car again. I expect him to be defiant to the end and go the way of that meth-head Jeremy Mayfield!!!!

As for his brother Kyle, I don't like the guy at all, but am bummed to see him hurt. I think it will be a major hardship for the JGR team this year. They will really miss him and the 18 sponsors will not be happy without the car challenging for wins and not making the Chase. I'm not a Toyota fan as most know, but I don't revel in anyone elses pain and this will hurt JGR.

Kurt is an idiot and always has been. You could tell Tony Stewart didn't even want to bring him on. Great opportunity for Regan Smith though. It's funny how Kurt Busch took Regan Smith's ride away with the 78 and Furniture Row and got an opportunity with SHR with the 41 and now it's Regan Smith taking over the 41. Tobin never misses a chance to bash Toyota. JGR will be fine. Tony Stewart still has his sponsors although being out of his car for months in 2013 and a few races in 2014 for Tony's problems. He drives a Chevy though so it's different.

Chris Tobin

Kurt is an idiot and always has been. You could tell Tony Stewart didn't even want to bring him on. Great opportunity for Regan Smith though. It's funny how Kurt Busch took Regan Smith's ride away with the 78 and Furniture Row and got an opportunity with SHR with the 41 and now it's Regan Smith taking over the 41. Tobin never misses a chance to bash Toyota. JGR will be fine. Tony Stewart still has his sponsors although being out of his car for months in 2013 and a few races in 2014 for Tony's problems. He drives a Chevy though so it's different.
It wasn't a Toyota bash at all. I think it will be hard on JGR not having a Kyle Busch level tallent/driver behind the wheel from sponsor issues to team issues where they will not have the feedback they are used to. With expanding to 4-teams this year they (JGR) were likely stretched close to the limit and I think not having Kyle in the car for most of the season will hurt the JGR team, how can you not think it will hurt them??? They still do not have a definitive plan for a driver and are considering a part time truck series driver for the gig, so that should tell you a lot about the situation. There are not a lot of top quality drivers available right now. One that they might consider as a stop gap would be Jeff Burton, he could race for the first half of the season until NBC takes over NASCAR and he goes into the booth...

We saw that it hurt the SHR team when Tony missed and that is the example that I am going by... Even if JGR were still running Chevrolet cars I would say the exact same thing!

As for Regan Smith, I wish him the best and he deserves another shot at the Cup series with a good team. I just worry the Gene Haas will fold the 41 team rather than fund it for the full season without HI guy Kurt in the car. Since there are not many other full time sponsors on the 41 it would be easy for him to fold the 41 for the year, I hope they don't and that RS can get some good races in, it could be a great time for him to shine!!!

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
Im thinking chances are good that Gene may park that car unless it really performs well in the next few rounds. As far as Kurt goes you are probly right that he wont be back in nascar and that's cool with me............maybe Mayfeild is looking for a roommate.

baja619

I could give a **** about KB or NASCAR for that matter, but this whole matter is ridiculous.
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/12425871/kurt-busch-not-face-criminal-charges

Driscoll testified that Busch put a hand on her neck and another on her face and smashed her head into the wall of his motor home three times.

Busch testified that he cupped her cheeks and repeatedly asked her to leave. He testified she entered his motor home uninvited a week after their four-year relationship ended.

Both sides tried to discredit the other, with Driscoll saying Busch had issues with alcohol and depression in the weeks leading up to the incident (he testified that he had not been drinking that night); she also testified about an unreported 2012 assault. Busch said he should have been the one who was afraid and that Driscoll, a defense contractor and CEO of the Armed Forces Foundation, was a mercenary and trained assassin.

Sent from my iPad