• Forum membership has its advantages....

Kyle LeDuc in the Midwest

racefan2041

Here's what I've got for a list:
  • CJ
  • Johnny
  • Leduc
  • Cenni (heard this from a good source)
  • Mittag (heard this from another driver as early as last November)
  • Carlson
  • Kyle Chaney
  • Scottie Lawrence
  • Travis Dinsmore (pending ability to travel into the US from Canada)
Plus the following possible part-timers/maybes/unknowns:
  • RJ
  • Menzies
  • Jamey Flannery
  • Adler
Every driver listed here has won high-level pro races or championships in some off-road discipline. I'm sure those of you more connected to the pro driver rumor mill may have more to add, especially in the second list.
I think I saw somewhere that Adler had everything up for sale.

RJ I heard was only running pro2 due to loss of sponsorship.

putorkdforbaskat

Here's what I've got for a list:
  • CJ
  • Johnny
  • Leduc
  • Cenni (heard this from a good source)
  • Mittag (heard this from another driver as early as last November)
  • Carlson
  • Kyle Chaney
  • Scottie Lawrence
  • Travis Dinsmore (pending ability to travel into the US from Canada)
Wait WHAT?
We were just talking bout the financial situation about the Pro4 and suddenly we could have up to Nine Pro4s???
NINe?????? THIS IS AMAZING

Pro4orNothing

Add Jimmy Henderson in a rental Pro4 from the Greaves camp to that list as well.

Mickey Thomas is supposedly doing Pro2 full-time in the midwest...Beat and Ricky Gutierrez were supposedly in for near full seasons out in the Midwest too, I recall.

Pro Lite i’ve counted 6-8 full-timers...be curious who’s all showing up to make 10.

dbq61537

As a fan, would you rather watch 7 trucks that are at the absolute bleeding edge of what a short-course truck can be, or would you rather watch 15 trucks that are 1.5 seconds a lap slower? I'm asking in earnest.

Furthermore, would a casual fan even know the difference?
Good point...most wouldn’t notice.
I’m willing to bet...most, longtime fans, wouldn’t care as long as the racing is good, and exciting

sb4pro

I’m willing to bet...most, longtime fans, wouldn’t care as long as the racing is good, and exciting
Basically the way this year has been I’m just glad to be able to get back to some normalcy . Hell even the almighty nascrap has fallen into the political crap storm . Give me good old grassroots off-road racing and let the other sports play politics . 👍🏻🇺🇸🏁

dbq61537

This may be a stupid question but is there a way for the series to implement a budget cap? Each team is allotted a certain max dollar amount to spend on their program each year. Exceptions could be made for travel for the teams that have to travel the furthest but I feel this would prevent certain teams with big sponsors from simply "outspending" their competition.
Not stupid...a provocative question...get for debate at the pub.

Good luck enforcing it.

If you could actually get...10-15 racers, all to be honest, and tell you what their sponsors are spending...you need to, and no joke, work on world peace.

The only way, you could even try, is to get all the sponsors to put, the money into one account...and then divide it up between the racers. But then you would have to set the number of racers ahead of time...ala, Formula One...limiting future growth of the division.

Finally, you need to make sure the owners are spending the entire amount, budgeted for each race weekend, and not pocketing it.

ltr450rider

The only realistic way to provide a spending cap would be for the series to build and maintain a rental fleet of vehicles that the drivers would rent to drive. Drivers would be responsible for paying for any crash damage or misuse of equipment.

Again, limiting innovation and progress to make things better/less expensive in the long run.

acers

I would rather see 7 pro4s, been going to crandon since a kid and nothing like pro4s . I do see a big difference but understand the cost. With west coast not racing pro4s the midwest will do just fine

putorkdforbaskat

The only realistic way to provide a spending cap would be for the series to build and maintain a rental fleet of vehicles that the drivers would rent to drive. Drivers would be responsible for paying for any crash damage or misuse of equipment.
Thats what Stadium Super Trucks is doing, right? But they are rwd and dont race stadiums anymore so meeeeh
haha

stephenrjking

Thats what Stadium Super Trucks is doing, right? But they are rwd and dont race stadiums anymore so meeeeh
haha
It's exactly what they do. And not a good deal for the sponsors that invested in the few teams that kept the division afloat.

Ultimately, I think a balance needs to be found between extremes. And, given what we've discussed in this thread (including valuable-to-me insight from Cory Weller) I think the solution has to be found by the competitors, especially the innovative ones. Guys like Kyle Leduc have to decide what areas of innovation they're willing to give up to have a field of trucks to race against.

putorkdforbaskat

IMO Leduc and Greaves could build a new MULTI MILLION $$ truck per year and beat everybody AS LONG as there are other 7 or 8 (or 15!!!) pro4 trucks racing for the other positions. Then the broadcast team could show and talk about these other drivers more too, to give the sponsors some reason for the investment and support. It could be a good balance, right?

acers

Off road racing in the midwest will be epic. Get the feeling Kyle and Johnny will be doing some body repair after each race !!!!!!

handmethemic

Pro Lite i’ve counted 6-8 full-timers...be curious who’s all showing up to make 10.
Now that I look back at it, 8 is probably closer to where it will wind up, barring some "west-coasters" coming to play full time. I don't remember how I came up with 10, honestly.

Pro Lite rules are kinda broken in my opinion, but that's a discussion for another time.