L E D light bars

mcheck

STEEEKERS!!
Reaction
search button can be your friend. i know there is a couple good threads about this topic already

there is some good information and comparisons to HID's, along with mixed opinions

Wheelie-Bar

Reaction
I've read quite a few of these before, but I wanna know what people honestly think about putting one on their own ride. would they even like to buy, why or why not type-a thing. not the technical part, of "whats better"

Race Whore

Reaction
L.E.D. light bars are awsome. Many of our group use them and won't use anything else. PHANTOM OFF-ROAD LIGHTING makes great lights, all sizes for a great price

mcheck

STEEEKERS!!
Reaction
i would go with the LED for fill light and 1 or 2 hid's for the distance and you will be good to go

SpeedBump

Reaction
I've read quite a few of these before, but I wanna know what people honestly think about putting one on their own ride.

So what are you looking for? Finish off a disco truck? Something for a night run to “Blow Sands” or the bathroom? A night run up Competition Hill at Glamis? Pre-run the Baja 1000? Race the Coyote Wash 200? Roof lights? Bumper lights? Score legal dust light?

Prerunin554

Reaction
be more specific about which lights you are talking about is what speedbump is stating.

Wheelie-Bar

Reaction
ohh I mean, the LED light bars that are for night time driving
like this one-

sorry for the confusion

SpeedBump

Reaction
Wheelie-Bar,

Where do you intend to mount the LED light bars – roof or front bumper?

How do you intend to use the LED light bars – mostly pavement driving, low speed off-road (chase or pre-run), high speed off-road (race), high speed sand bowl?

Also, LED light bars are relatively new and are a great way to put a finishing touch on a Disco Truck.

SpeedBump

Reaction
We have a 4 seater with an LED bar on the roof and a 10” bar mounted in the nose. Originally we had Hella HIDs and like the LEDs better. Because the light pattern from the LED bar fans out more than a HID, we mounted the roof LED further back so the roof casts a shadow on the hood. If it is forward, the hood gets bright and is distracting to the driver. A big LED roof bar advantage is we do not have to remove it when we drive the buggy into the enclosed trailer. The broader LED light pattern as opposed to the narrow beam avoids the “tunnel” feel.

I do not like it when we pass someone in the desert who blinds us with roof lights. I turn our roof light off and rely on the nose bar when passing. The 10” bar provides a lot of light. It fills in low when we are going up “Blow Sands” or other slow speed or more technical spots.

Some people compare the light color. There is a difference but I do not see an advantage or disadvantage.